Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2015 08:00

Dell/Alienware Warranty Nightmare

I have been a home customer for 6+ years now (corporate customer from 2001 while working in IT) and have been dealing with another ridiculously protracted customer service nightmare regarding a replacement of a 2010 R17x.  I do not know that publishing the entire 2 hours chat session or 25+ e-mail chain benefits anyone.  I would love to speak to somebody here in the states that might actually be able to make something better out of a bad situation.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 8th, 2015 16:00

Hi Russell,

Thank you for contacting us on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board regarding your Alienware warranty. Please excuse the delay in responding to your concerns as I have been out of the office.

We were able to access your account records, and determined on 7/9/09, you purchased an XPS M2010, with a 3 year warranty ending on 7/9/12. On 5/28/10, a system exchange was issued.

System exchanges are "like for like or better" than the original system. The Alienware M17x-R2 was a significant upgrade from the XPS M2010. The warranty from the original system transferred to the exchange system, as that was your warranty at work. Consequentially the warranty on the replacement system ended on 7/9/12.

We stand behind our products with pride but the term of our responsibility for your purchase, clearly established at the time you purchased it, has expired. The warranty expiration date marks the point at which responsibility for the system's functionality passes from Dell to you, the customer. Just as we honored your warranty while it is in force, in fairness to all of our customers we are obligated to observe its expiration.

I trust this information is helpful. Should you need any further assistance please contact our Support Service for Expired Warranties, or you may post your concerns on the Alienware Club Forum Board.

Thanks, 
Lorna

No Events found!