Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 18th, 2013 12:00

Dell Cancelled My Order

My order was canceled, too. I ordered an Inspiron 7000 laptop with two peripherals--a docking station and an external optical drive for somewhat less than standard pricing. They shipped the peripherals immediately and then canceled the order for the laptop over a week later. I called this morning to get it straightened out and was put on hold for about 40 minutes. Apparently the order record does not include any notes about why the laptop was canceled. Could it be that they have a high volume of orders at the end of the year and don't want to honor the discounted price I got? 

In any case, we received the peripherals and now I have to go through the hassle of returning them in order to get my money back for that part of the order. However, I don't think they charged my credit card yet for the laptop. You can bet I'm going to watch that closely, though. Thanks for the tip!

Incidentally, I told the Dell rep that we have been loyal customers for at least a decade, but that all changed with this order. We placed the order 3 weeks ago and have been waiting for delivery, and now we have to start all over again to find another laptop. Since we're at the end of the year, we're probably not going to get what we want until January or February.  After this experience, I'm not at all motivated to give Dell another chance.

No Responses!
No Events found!