Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 11th, 2017 09:00

scam unsolicited call, #2

Information from Dell including the service tag number, my email address and my phone number have been obtained by hackers. I just received a call on my cell from someone with what sounded like a Chinese accent who knew my name, my service tag number and my email address.  They said that they were calling on behalf of Dell to inform me that my IP address was compromised and that there was an attempt to assume my identity with respect to bank accounts, etc.  The phone number that they were calling from according to my cell 1-800-145-3690.  Finally, please feel free to look into my experience with trying to have my XPS laptop repaired under warranty.  After 4 unsuccessful attempts to repair the problem, you are now asking me to pay for it.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

December 13th, 2017 06:00

Hi nohjy,

Thanks for posting.

Our apologies. We are aware of the problem and have notified our Dell Securities team about the scammer attacks. Follow the instructions in the stickiy above, "Scammers posing as Dell Technical Support" found at the top of this Customer Care board. Thanks.

As for your technical problem, please post the issue in the laptop board so the experts there can assist or you can contact Tech Support, who can advise you if you can have the laptop repaired under warranty. You can contact Tech Support at 1-800-624-9896  or 1-800-288-4410, or you can initiate a chat session http://dell.to/2v4snVm

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!