Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

March 14th, 2013 23:00

Dell Order held

Hi, 

I ordered a laptop 4 days ago and the order status is "in production".
Today I received 2 calls that I missed which SEEMS to be DELL.

Checking my mail, I received a notification that my order was being held :

thank you for choosing Dell! Please be advised that Dell Canada Inc. is unable to process your recent order(s) due to invalid or missing credit card information which does not match your credit card company’s records. Please contact Dell at 1-866-895-6186 post  to provide this information so we can continue with processing your order.

I wanted to make sure that it is indeed DELL that contacted me and the guy who sent the email to me was : 

So that I could provide the necessary information without being scammed.

Thank you very much!

March 15th, 2013 01:00

I just sent out an email to the concerned team and waiting for their response. Dell does not charge customers until their orders were Invoiced. Deactivating your credit card might result to order cancellation. The amount is more of a reserved amount. 

I will let you know as soon as I receive a reply from the concerned team.

Thank you. 

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to our Community. Were sorry that you were able to receive such email. May I ask you to please provide me with your order number to check on the status of this? Via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation) send me the following information =
Email Address:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone number:
Order Number:
Reason:

Glad to assist. 

6 Posts

6 Posts

Alright,  thank you again! 

yes I understand about the cancellation,  i just meant after my item will be delivered for precautions. 

i will be waiting impatiently for further notice! 

thank you again for your great support! 

Hello,

I have checked on the order and it does have a status of In Production. The person on the email you have posted is indeed an employee of Dell and works with Financial Administration Team. Have you tried calling the toll free number that was on the email?

With online orders, there are some anti-fraud process that is being done specially when amount is high. This is for security purposes. You may refer to this link: http://www.dell.com/Learn/us/en/19/order-support-order-status,   topic: Order Held for Payment. 

I will try to send an email to the concern team to check on this as well but if you could try calling the toll free numbers provided, not to provide anything about your credit card information though.

I will get back to you as soon as I have received a reply from the concerned team. I will keep an eye on your order as well. Should you have other issues or concerns while I work on your case, please do not hesitate to post back.

Have a good one!  

6 Posts

Once again, thank you very much for the quick reply!

Yes I have tried the toll free number, AS well as the extension from different OFFICIAL dell toll free numbers. And by using the provided extension I did indeed get to the same person Karim. That was for a first confirmation that it was indeed a DELL worker. This post is to make sure that i wasn't wrong. I will do my part as for calling my credit card issuer and ask them about the problems that might have occurred and that we're shown on the page you linked me! Unfortunately I did provide some card information after my first confirmation that it was a DELL worker. Therefore, I will first contact my credit card issuer for the payment  and as soon as I get a word from you that the payment HAS BEEN MADE and that my order will get processed and shipped. I will deactivate my credit card making sure that no other activity than the amount due for my laptop has been made. I will be waiting your response, especially about when my payment will be MADE so i DEACTIVATE the card to not risk any scam.

Thank you very much! 

6 Posts

Also, 

will you be able to tell me if the payment has been made, so that I will deactivate my credit card for me to stay away from any problems related to scam if it is the case. 

Thank you again! 

6 Posts

March 15th, 2013 09:00

hi, 

This morning  <deleted private information> called back asking a confirmation about the credit card used. Did you get any further information about this?  like about my order not being held anymore or about the credit card confirmation this morning?

thank you

March 15th, 2013 16:00

Hi!

I called the extension, it is legit and it is part of our process.  Can we communicate via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation) hereon?

Thank you.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 25th, 2013 21:00

Hi, 

The package already shipped out as per Frances' logs on our end. Thank you.

No Events found!