Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 9th, 2016 20:00

Dell Promotional Gift Card Consolidation Run-Around

I'm not use to horrible service or being ignored as a customer, but the way they are handling the promotional gift card process after a purchase is made has to be the worst customer service experience I've had in years...and I'm usually a Dell fan.

After making recent purchases, I ended up with two gift cards, one in the amount of $100 and the other in the amount of $25.  I wanted to purchase a $125 item on the Dell site, and learned during check-out that they will only apply one gift card per purchase, but that I could consolidate the gift cards if I called 1-800-624-9897 Monday - Friday, 9AM to 6PM CT only.

On Monday I called and waited on hold for over an hour and a half before needing to hang up.  On Tuesday, I waited over two hours.  I then called back and chose the option to leave a voice mail to receive a call back based on the message stating that I would hear something "in about 2 hours," but I did not receive a call.  I left a second message on Wednesday after holding for an hour and didn't get a call back that day either.  I left a third message on Thursday, and didn't receive a call back.  On Friday, I held again for a few hours and then left a forth message.  

Needless to say, I did not get a call back to any of the messages I left and I never got through no matter how many hours I held.  I can't believe that Dell would force customers to call to consolidate gift cards if they didn't have the manpower to accept those calls.  It is terrible customer service to promise calls in about 2 hours if the customer is still waiting 6 days later.  This purchase could have already been made and delivered by now!

I guess I'm just one customer so I'm not sure that Dell would care whether they lost me or not, but I just wanted to provide a fair warning to others before even attempting the promotional gift card consolidation process.  Don't even waste your time.  

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 12th, 2016 15:00

Hi mikeyllo, 

Thank you for posting your comments on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board. Please accept my apology for any frustration or inconvenience this matter may have caused. 

I forwarded your concerns to our Promotional Marketing Team for review. They can only consolidate PREPAID gift cards. You may use more than one promotional gift card, but you have to call in to place the order. 

Please review the Terms and Conditions for Promotional Gift Cards: 

Using Multiple Cards

11. Dell will only accept a limited number of Promo Cards per purchase. Funds from Promo Cards cannot be merged with funds from any other Promo Cards or other Dell gift cards of any kind.  

I trust this information is helpful. If you still need assistance, please reply to my email and provide the requested information. 

Thanks,
Lorna

2 Posts

September 3rd, 2019 11:00

I am one of a many loyal Dell customers who is getting a run around from a third party agency who are processing these claims.  Mine is only for a $50 reward, but nevertheless from what I have read with others waiting for their rewards, the bottom line is this third party agency handling these claims are doing an awful job.

They tell you that most claims are "typically" handled within (10) business days but can take up to (28) days.

From what I have been reading from other claimants is that the (28) day wait turns out to be an arbitrary number, that ends up going into a lot longer wait.  I have waited only (21) days, (as of this writing), but from what these other customers are saying I fully expect I will be waiting a while yet.

I think Dell needs to step up and either get this third party agency in line, and/or offer a direct credit for the customers affected by this issue in a quick fashion.

3 Apprentice

• 

263 Posts

September 4th, 2019 00:00

Greetings,

I apologize for the overall experience. Please direct message the order number eligible for promotional offer and the registered name on the account. 

We value your relationship with Dell and do not want to let you go disappointed. 

Also, provide any screenshots of the email communication you've had with the offers team. 

Let me check what best can be done. 

Thanks!

2 Posts

September 4th, 2019 10:00

September 4th, 2019 11:00

Sorry to hear that.  I too am getting a run around on the $100 VISA with no luck.  I think that Dell should make good on this since I was content to go with a cheaper laptop til I could afford this one.  

3 Apprentice

• 

263 Posts

September 5th, 2019 00:00

Hi,

I have responded to you via direct message. I request you to continue your conversations via direct message. 

September 10th, 2019 21:00

Will you handle my case as well? I'm having problems with the $100 Visa card promotion and have been a loyal Dell customer for over 20 years.

3 Apprentice

• 

263 Posts

September 11th, 2019 06:00

Greetings,

I'm happy to look into this issue for you. 

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sahana R) & send a private message with the order/ customer number,claim #, registered name & email address.

No Events found!