Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

November 13th, 2020 15:00

Dell Scam email?

I bought an Alienware computer yesterday this email from Idriss.Boukhari@dell.com:
"
Dear Customer,
Thank you for choosing Dell. This email is in reference to your recent purchase with Dell.
Please reply to this email from your professional email stating “I VALIDATE THE ORDER”, and the shipping address .
We apologize for any inconvenience caused as Dell is committed to providing a safe and secure shopping experience for our customers.
Regards
L’équipe de Dell Canada
"
I don't understand the purpose of this email. How can I reply from my profesional email if they sent it to my gmail? Also, how can they verify my order if I send a message from my professional email? How do they know what's my professional email? How do they know I have a professional email? What if I'm a student? or unemployed? This looks like a scam to me.

I've called dell multiple times, they give the phone number to the order verification department, but when I call there I've been on hold for more than 1 hour and nothing.

The status on my order hasn't changed, I'd like to understand what's going on and why I got this message.

No Responses!
No Events found!