Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

1 Message

February 15th, 2020 04:00

Repair depot, worst support

Updated 3/10/2020: When the refurbished replacement computer returned from the Repair Depot the back light was still not working. The repair depot stated that they repaired the motherboard. There was no mention of any work being done to the keyboard back light. I immediately contacted customer support about the poor repair work. Dell customer support escalated the issue and deliberate for a few days. They decided to send an on-site repairman to fix the back light issue. The repairman had to travel two hours one-way (4 hours round trip) to make the repair. The on-site repairman arrived with some replacement parts and commenced to repair the computer. After completely disassembling the computer, the repairman noted that the keyboard back light cable was simply unplugged. He replaced the parts provided from Dell, plugged in the back light cable and left my home almost 2 hours later with a properly functioning computer. I appreciate Dell paying the expense to send a repairman, but it was not necessary if the Dell Repair Depot Techs had done their job competently. Since January 10, 2020 I had sent in a computer to the Dell Repair Depot on three separate occasions and each time the computer was returned to me with the same defect issues. In the end, Dell had to pay an on-site repairman to do the job correctly. I'm not sure what is going on at the Dell Repair Depot Center in Texas. One thing for sure, they are not fixing computers.      

Original Post: I purchased an Inspiron Chromebook 7486 2-in-1 14". The computer was used for about a month with defective issues. Warranty support was contacted and the worst customer support series of events started to occur. The computer was sent in to Dell warranty repair for the first time around Jan. 10 2020. Dell repair said that they cleaned the system, ran the system tests and said everything was good. When I received the computer everything was set back up and the same problem persisted. After talking with Dell repair, I had to send it into repair again. I waited forever as the part they needed to replace was on back order for a month. Dell said they would go ahead and replace the computer. Finally after waiting more than a month a replacement computer arrived on February 13 2020. The replacement computer was a refurbished unit. I sent them a brand new computer for repair and they replaced it with a scratched, dinged up, used computer. Obviously Dell didn't do anything to repair or check the refurbished unit because it arrived defective also. The back lighting on the keyboard does not work. Guess what, I have to send it back to warranty repair again. The Dell warranty support agents are a contracted out-of-the country foreign speaking company. Most of them do not write or speak English well enough to understand. They are very stringent to their policies and procedures and will do very little to better serve the customer. I have had to contact warranty support over 15 times about this issue and still problems persists. 

No Responses!
No Events found!