Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 2nd, 2017 07:00

Dell Warranty Transfer

Hey,

I purchased a DELL Latitude e7470 and submitted the ownership transfer about a month ago. I still haven't gotten any sort of response. The transfer was from the US to Israel. I checked the warranty on DELL's support site by entering the service tag but it says the warranty is still listed in the US.

What should I do?

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 2nd, 2017 12:00

Several conditions have to be met before you can transfer a warranty:

The model you purchased must be sold in Israel -- if not, the warranty won't transfer.

You must have purchased an onsite service upgrade (at extra cost) with the system - the basic 12-month depot warranty cannot transfer internationally.

If both of these conditions are met - call Dell to find out where the transfer stands.  If one, the other or both apply - you will not be able to transfer the warranty.

2 Posts

July 3rd, 2017 00:00

The Latitude e7470 ultrabook is definitely sold in Israel and the laptop I bought has a 3-year in home service warranty (dells website shows that the warranty attached to the service tag is not basic). This seems to fulfill the criteria you posted above. It is my intention to call customer service today, but is there anything else that it could possibly be?

Thanks

No Events found!