Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 15th, 2016 15:00

Dell canceled by Cyber Monday Deal after sending confirmation e-mail and refuses to offer another competitive price.

Mr. Dell,

I'm beyond disappointed and frustrated with your company and your customer service. I bought a laptop on Cyber Monday, but there was a minor issue with your billing department which has escalated beyond any miserable customer service stories I've ever heard. I've been hung up on 5 separate times, transferred in circles, and your representative have refused to fulfill my order. I have been a huge fan of Dell up until now. At this point, I've filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and since I'm a man of equal opportunity, I believe you should understand my complaint as well.

There was an issue with your credit card processing department because the shipping and billing addresses didn't match. I was told to wait a day and then call back. Your representative assured me I would still get my order with the Cyber Monday discount. I offered to simply cancel the order and re-purchase, but was told that was unnecessary, and was guaranteed both that the order would be fulfilled and that I would receive it at the same Cyber Monday sale price.

Unfortunately, when I called back the next day as I was told to, your representatives answered the phone with a "hello?" before hanging up on me five times in a row. I tried to escalate my complaint, but was told managers were unavailable, repeatedly transferred, and hung up on, many times before I could even explain my situation.

I finally got in touch with someone who got my order number and said "I'll fix it" before hanging up once again. I then received an email saying my laptop would arrive today (Dec 5th).

Now I have an email from the Dell Better Business Bureau representative saying there are missing parts and the computer can't ship. Additionally, the representative can give me no ETA, or confirmation that the part will ever come in. His solution is that I should re-order a different product online, and they'll provide a 10% discount - which isn't even close to what I was saving on Cyber Monday - while the product I ordered is still available for purchase online. I am left with an unspecified wait time with no certainty of ever receiving my order, as the part or product may be discontinued and my order cancelled with no other options. I am left with days of my time spent on the phone, Facebook, and email with your company, and with your current solution, I’m looking at losing months of my time in wait for a product I may never receive, not to mention the hundreds of dollars lost in savings. All of this despite an order confirmation email saying my purchase was processed and would arrive Dec 5th. I expected more from a company leading the industry for 30 years; I would hope you could give me an accurate ETA for my product confirmation and shipment, or even valid confirmation of my order’s existence, especially after I spent thousands of dollars on it!

I am beyond frustrated with your customer service, but I need this laptop and I am in disbelief that your company's incompetency is costing me $900 of my hard-saved money, time, and reputation - I had planned to make this a gift for my brother, but now I’m left having to explain the situation to him as well. I understand that it’s the holidays and your company is busy, but this is unbelievable, especially because if your company had just told me to cancel and re-order another product on Cyber Monday when the issue first happened, I wouldn’t be in this predicament in the first place. I trusted you, and you have let me down astronomically.

As of this post Dell has called and said they canceled the order and all they can do is to make another purchase at full price.

December 16th, 2016 14:00

This appears to be a question Dell is not interested in answering, as I have been consistently asking it and consistently been ignored.  I was forced to cancel my order and re-order with a lesser deal, losing half of the rewards offered in the original deal due to the cancellation, which I did not wish to initiate but was told I must due to an "invalid configuration".  

Dell, if you couldn't honor the original deal you never should have offered it in the first place--forcing customers to cancel and re-order to skirt your obligations is an unfair practice.  See the Alienware thread on Reddit for some ideas on where to go next, as barking up this tree does not appear to be doing any good for those of us affected by these issues.  

44 Posts

December 18th, 2016 19:00

I bought an Alienware 17R4 2016 on Black Friday. However, instead of getting GTX 1070 I am getting GTX 1060. After I requested for a replacement, they approved it on Dec 9. However, there is no activity whatsoever on the order status. I keep emailing them and all I am getting is "sorry". Well, I guess it is time to let go of the none-existence product with the fake Dell double credit bonus for Dell Advantage, military discount and Black Friday discount. The whole thing was just a bait-and-switch hoping that I would give up asking for support while paying for higher price. I will just return the incorrect item. I will add extra insurance protection and received confirmation on that incorrect item. I will use those receipts, chat records (online live chat) and e-mails, receipts, product specs, etc. to protect my credit from being damaged by Dell. If you attempt to claim that you never received the product, I will sue you. 19 years of business relationship ended here.If I want to order a new desktop replacement laptop, I will get it from MSI, Asus, Sager, HP and Acer. I could even get it them through XOTICPC. Hey, I am in the IT world beside military and academia so I know a lot of people who always asking me for IT recommendation. Guess what? You are on my naughty list. 
No Events found!