Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

August 16th, 2019 08:00

Dell customer service fiasco: Story of the cursed laptop

- Purchased Dell Inspiron 7373 in August 2018 - Touch screen stopped working by November - One whole strip of keyboard stopped working at random intervals since March. Fan noise and battery performance being other issues alongside. - Being a student, had to plan a lot to be without a laptop for a week and decided to send laptop for service in summer asking for express service - Only thing which was express was delivery as received the laptop back in 5 days BUT WITHOUT ANY REPAIRS - On asking for reason, Dell customer service reverted back saying we will check with plant and escalate the issue. That obviously doesn't concern me as I only care about the repair. Nevertheless, I am still waiting to hear the reason for no repair - Again had to send the laptop for second repair after planning to be without a laptop for a week. I also started working now, so all the more difficult to manage. - Sent it on 26th July 2019, when I was promised "Express service" again. - They took 12 days for repair and shipped on 8th August via Fed-ex. - Fed-ex attempted first delivery in the morning, when I am at work, hence wasn't able to receive the package. - Called Fed-ex same day asking to deliver in the evening and their response was that they are not authorized to change delivery time by sender (Dell). - Asked Fed-ex to drop package at a pick-up center closer to my house and not at the other location 6 miles away, to which I got the same response: Sender has not authorized this either - Called Dell to change everything. Meanwhile Fed-ex had already attempted 5 deliveries, in the morning, and I got a text stating package being sent to sender tomorrow. - Same day, asked Dell to stop return and work on my request of changing time and/or drop-off location, and also updated Dell with a change in address. - Received an email from Dell yesterday saying package is being returned, Depot will receive it in 3-4 business days after which they will attempt to deliver the package to the original address. - Hence, Dell did not change my address in their system, did not stop it from being sent back to them, did not attempt to deliver in the evening, did not respond or provide any kind of service whatsoever, took 2 attempts to fix issues and yet, I am still here without my laptop since a month.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

August 16th, 2019 10:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience surrounding your system service, I will be glad to review this & assist you further.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to find the service tag

No Events found!