Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

2 Posts

April 26th, 2022 10:00

Dell demanding I return the system exchanged laptop I received under warranty

To begin, 3 months ago, I had a Dell XPS 15 9500 laptop that got some water damage. The laptop wouldn't turn on so I figured I'd contact Dell Support since the laptop was still under warranty and had the accident protection included within it. I contacted Dell and they told me to send the laptop so they could repair it.

About a week after sending the laptop, Dell contacts me saying the system was "beyond economical repair" and offered a system exchange where they would offer me a refurbished XPS 15 9500 with the same specifications as my previous laptop. I accepted this offer and they sent me the refurbished laptop.

The refurbished laptop had some battery issues so I put in another repair request where Dell sent an onsite technician to come and replace the battery with a new one. To which they repaired and the problem was resolved.

Now, 2 months later, Dell contacts me saying that my account is past due and that if I don't return the refurbished laptop the support on the system will be suspended. Why would they say this after they sent me this system as an exchange? Am I supposed to extend the warranty on my account or something? I'm just very confused and want clarification as to what is going on.

• 

25.1K Posts

April 27th, 2022 04:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

2 Posts

May 1st, 2022 19:00

Hi apologies for the late response hopefully you can still get back to me. , and let me know if you need any more information.

1 Message

March 31st, 2023 14:00

Sambabicz, I have an xps 9500 that is less than 2 years old with a 3 year premium warranty. Two weeks ago, one of the ports stopped working. Dell sent out a technician to replace the motherboard.  When he reassembled it, neither the keyboard nor the mouse would work.  He immediately ordered another motherboard. A different technician came and installed the second motherboard,  and all seemed fine.  Now, one week later, my laptop wouldn't charge at all, and, even though it had a 37% battery, it kept closing down. I spent nearly 4 hours with Dell support as they walked through a BIOS install and then reloading Windows. I lost all data, even though we tried to back up to an external hard drive.  Last night, after all the installs, everything seemed to be.  Then this morning,  I couldn't even turn on the laptop. It kept shutting down in 7 seconds. After another hour on the phone with Dell support, they provided me 2 options: either send my current laptop back to them for repair or they would send me a reconditioned one. Do you have a recommendation?

No Events found!