Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

1 Message

December 7th, 2018 07:00

Dell has lost another customer

I created this account solely to note that I'll never be a customer of Dell in the future. The story appears typical to many others on the board: Black Friday deal oversold, multiple delays in shipping, finally culminating in having my order cancelled by Dell. These are reasons enough to avoid a company.

The worst part of it, however, was the company's response. First, Dell delayed the order knowing they didn't have the stock. Dell could have been upfront about that. Then, I wasted two weeks thinking I might still get the product, and didn't make alternative plans. Maybe that's on me for trusting Dell. Finally, I get an email to reach out to Dell to cancel my own order ONLY BECAUSE THE FCC SAYS THEY HAVE TO. That, my friend, is some horrible protocol and a whole lot of 'we don't really care because we work on volume.'

So I do call, only to be told that the relevant department is closed. I call Dell customer service and speak with Mohammed who is very apologetic and offers to transfer me to Dell sales for an adjustment or potential upgrade. I'm thinking,'Great! Maybe I can still salvage something.' But no, he transfers me to a Dell dept that is closed according to the recorded message, thank you for your call, good bye. On my third attempt, I get another rep who is also very apologetic and says that my order has been cancelled. And that was it. No more Dell in my home or business.

No Responses!
No Events found!