Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 20th, 2013 10:00

Dell is about to lose another long-term Customer

I join the ranks of those who will never buy another Dell Product. Every computer I have bought in the past 20 years has come from Dell and rarely had a problem. My last purchase was a laptop. The motherboard went out under warrenty. It was replaced with a motherboard that we later found out would eventually not let the computer be charged. Dell knew about this defect but did not communicate it to us. We found out after bought a new a new charger. Dell was happy to replace the motherboard for charge of $388. This motherboard lasted just over 3 months. Now Dell wants another $299 to replace. To date we have paid Dell about $500 in defective parts and poor service. Dell Service in Canada is horrible. They don't show up for scheduled appointments and don't call. You have to keep calling them back. This has happened to us each time we called for service. Today, I call Dell Customer Service who aplogied for the poor support and told me the technical group could help. Of course they could help. They want another $299 to give us a 3rd defective part. I asked for a credit on the last defect part and they refused. So Dell, if you want to keep a customer you know what you need to do. Either provide a motherboard that works for the money I have already paid you or give me a credit.

It will interesting to know if you care enough to contact me.

May 21st, 2013 20:00

Hi BeverlyZ,

Thank you for posting in our Community and Welcome!

Apologies on your issues. Please provide me via private message ( click on my username and start conversation ) the service tag of the unit you are having issues with. I will be glad to look closely on your case.

3 Posts

May 21st, 2013 21:00

The service tag is<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 22nd, 2013 06:00

To protect your privacy, you should not post that information on the public board. Frances said, "Please provide me via private message ( click on my username and start conversation )".

3 Posts

May 26th, 2013 17:00

Dell did contact me which was surprising and repeated what I already knew.  Dell is not interested in keeping their long-term customers so have now joined the rest of Dell's Long-term customers who will never buy another Dell product.

No Events found!