Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

4 Posts

March 29th, 2021 06:00

Dell is selling a thin air

Hi there, my first and the last experience with the Dell company. I dont think I will even buy anything from Dell at all, as even the name "dell" now gives me negative vibes. It is like accidently bumping into a scammers website.

On 21st  of March 2021 I purchased a laptop for my son's birthday, delivery should have take 3-5 working days. Hmm... Few days later the delivery date was changed into few days AFTER his birthday..My 11 years old, being mature and kind, told me: "Dont worry, Mum, I can wait". But guys, I Am a single mum, I don't have great financial resources and all I wanted is for my son to open his first ever laptop on his birthday.  We were saving for it for many months. He didnt have a present to open. Then they changed delivery date for 8th of April...Then on 19th of April. After I contacted the Customer Service and requested to Cancel the order I heard a lot of nonsense in few emails, yet at the end, after a telephon conversation they did cancelled it, unwillingly.  Now we are  without a laptop and without our hard-earned money, that Dell feels it has a right to keep for God knows how many days.  My son is crying, he is hurt mostly seeing me so upset. I do not have money, which were taken (stolen in fact) by Dell, so I can't just go and buy him another model from eBay or Curries. And that will not be Dell.  I dont know what to do, just to cry. I have never been so disapponted, so upset, so confused. Thought that using an official company makes the whole experience great. I was so silly and naive. I just hope someone up there will read it and do something about it. You can't take people's money and dont fulfill your promises, it could be all they had (like in our scenario). You can break child's heart, you can ruin a birthday and a trust. GUTTED.

March 30th, 2021 20:00

I don't work for Dell but this is heart breaking. I'm so sorry for you and your son to have to go through this. Please wish him a belated happy birthday.

I wish I could say Dell will get this resolved but empathy and customer service is not their strong suit. They are a nightmare to work with and lack any accountability. I know its not comforting to hear but any order I have ever made through dell has taken an extra month and that was pre covid so it will take even longer now. Best of luck. I really hope you son gets his laptop soon. If i had an extra laptop to send I would. No child deserves to have their birthday ruined by dell.

4 Posts

April 4th, 2021 09:00

Thank you so much! Your kind words made me cry again.  It was one of  the worst weeks in my life, because I constantly think how I (not Dell, but myself) let my son down.  I should have known better and did have a gut feeling telling me do not go onto this website and to but any other model from eBay or Curries. Never EVER I had problem with anything. Even small clothes shops would always warn what they do and do not have in stock, what they can deliver the next day, 3 days later or 3 weeks later, so you can always have option to take it or leave it.  Dell just grabs your money and that's it.

And because my son mostly cares that I am upset, not about his birthday present, - it only makes it all harder. No refund yet as well, they have our money for 2 weeks now. I can only relate to this so called service as a "scam", it is a financial crime to sell things they don't have and keep someone's money forever. But regardless of what you and me think or feel about it, until someone will not take this company to a serious court fight - they will continue to steal money, mental health and trust. From all my heart I wish someone will be really really powerful enough to deal with this horrible attitude.

4 Posts

April 4th, 2021 13:00

Have got another ridiculous response from Dell, that "refund needs to go through MULTIPLY APPROVALS" once it will be shown on my account!!!" Tell me I am sleeping and this is not what I Am imagining.... Behind this so called "refund" system is the most shady and shameful business that I have ever seen in my life.

April 4th, 2021 18:00

At the point if they are refusing or dragging their feet I would contact my bank and tell them its a unauthorized purchase. Depending on when you bought it you maybe able to  have the bank reverse the payment. I use paypal for that specific reason. If you are in the USA you can file a complaint with agencies and they investigate. You didn't let your son down and he should be very proud to have as a mother. It happens to all of us at some point.

4 Posts

April 11th, 2021 01:00

Thank you for your reply, we STILL do not have our money back( Tomorrow I Am going to my bank and phone to PayPal - I paid via Paypal. It has been almost 3 weeks that this creepy company plays with our money. It is so disgusting, that almost laughable. and my son STILL without computer for obvious reason - we need our money back. I rest my case.

No Events found!