Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

April 22nd, 2013 12:00

Dell mix up ended costing me £42.57 in cashback

Hi, I find myself having to make a complaint to Dell about the very poor service I received with my order which in the end has ended up costing me £42.57 in cashback through Quidco. This is the 1st complaint I have EVER written about any company, just to give you an insight into how wound up I am with the whole escapade!

I placed an order with Dell for an Alienware and I have an original Internet Receipt Number of GB0000-0000-00100 (which I admit does seem very strange) but I actually have an email and order acknowledgement of this number. This order was placed on the 16th November using Quidco with a total order value of £871.31 inc vat. I assumed everything was fine as I received email confirmation of the order etc. and was given a pdf showing my order and a Dell order number of  with a delivery date of 28th November. However, I then received another email telling me that there had been some "internal" problems at Dell and for some reason (of which they gave me no explanation of) my order had been delayed and they had to "re-input" my order, giving me a totally different Dell Order No of and a delivery date of 10th December (none of these pdfs contain an internet order no). I finally received this order on the 19th December, over a month after I had ordered it. This is not to mention all the emails/telephone calls I had sent inbetween chasing it.

Due to this whole mess and the fact that Dell had to manually re-input the order at their end, my order has no longer tracked with Quidco, even though the initial order did, and they have denied paying me the cashback due! Quidco have informed me that Dell denied the claim and whilst I have given them all this info, will not pay out. Whilst £42.57 may not seem alot of money to a company like Dell, it is to me and I based placing my order with them on the fact I was going to get this cashback discount off the total price. So not only did I have to wait over a month for delivery but I lost out in monetary terms too, fantastic! I will be posting all this info on the Quidco website as a review of my experience with Dell so hopefully someone may think twice before entering into this whole farce scenario.

Regards,

Marcus Whitworth

No Responses!
No Events found!