Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

4 Posts

March 17th, 2020 08:00

Dell Outlet, definition of category "New unused"

Can someone please confirm the exact definition of the category "New unused" laptops via the Dell Outlet please?

There are three categories:

1) New unused

2) Refurbished

3 Scratch & Dent

Definition as quoted via the Dell Outlet website -
* New unused products are factory sealed products that were either cancelled or unopened returns. New unused products do not have any cosmetic damage.
* Certified refurbished products are previously opened/used products.

Does this mean that a laptop in those two above categories should and will come in the original retail factory sealed packaging?

All replies welcome, many thanks in advance.

March 17th, 2020 16:00

Seeing as no one at Dell wants to give resolution to my issue of a New unused factory sealed XPS 15 9570 I would like to bring it to the attention of the general public.

Here are photos of what Dell deem to be a New unused factory sealed laptop. I call it Mis-selling as I have not received the laptop in a factory sealed industry standard retail packaging. No inner black box, no cellophane wrapped around laptop amongst other variance that are easily noticeable when comparing to unboxing videos on youtube. There was also smudges on the screen and dirt/dust particles on the keyboard and surround, certainly not what one would expect when purchasing a New unused category Dell laptop.

At present Dell has failed to give clarity on what they plan to do to resolve my problem, which has been outstanding since the laptop was delivered last Friday.

dell1.jpgdell2.jpgdell3.jpgdell4.jpgNEW UNUSED.jpg

March 18th, 2020 19:00

Dell has still not bothered after 6 days to resolve my issue and I can only warn future customers how poor their after sales service really is. Constant fobbing off and constant passing the buck! It is totally unacceptable that a customer gets a laptop that is not as described and fail to resolve the matter, let alone even an attempt toward resolution. They are quick to take your money, slow in delivery then fail to resolve a serious matter when called upon. Thanks for nothing Dell, once bitten, twice never again! The ball is in your court Dell? Would you like to resolve the matter today or please make arrangement to collect this mis sold laptop and refund me please. It's also very apparent they prefer to hide behind private messages as opposed to posting in the forum, nothing mentioned is private so Dell why not show your true form and post in the forum, then others will see how your treating loyal customers.

October 18th, 2020 20:00

In my experience, they get those unopened items and then simply repackage them from what it looks like. That's why there is no black box or anything.

No Events found!