Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 26th, 2015 06:00

Dell's "privacy" can't be trusted

I just registered my notebook PC on Dell's support system. The registration process promised me confidentiality of my information - eg the details I enter would not be stored on their system etc. A few seconds later I received an un-encrypted email from this company listing out all the personal information I had supplied. So not only are they lying, they appear to be storing it on their system, and are happy to send it in un-encrypted format - without any request or agreement from me.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 26th, 2015 09:00

Hi Rick,

Please see this link to update your email subscription preferences. http://bit.ly/feejl0

Please note, it may take some time for changes to take effect. In the interim, you may continue to receive Dell marketing communications from us.

Please understand that, even if you opt out, you may still be contacted by our affiliates based on their own relationship with you and you also may continue to receive messages regarding billing, order confirmation, rebate fulfillment and other communications related to your accounts.

Dell respects your privacy. Please visit our Privacy Statement for more information on Dell's policies.

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!