Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 16th, 2016 15:00

Dell support scam

I got 3 calls from this phone number today 8006249896.

Every time I lift the phone it disconnects. I called them again there is a automated system which actually connected me to a live person.

It is a scam.

I repaired my dell laptop few months back from then on I keep getting calls from dell support stating that there is unwanted virus on my machine. They probably called me around 50 times till now.

This is a data leakage at dell systems and dell needs to own up and fix the issue.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

February 17th, 2016 10:00

Hi charvind,

Thanks for posting and bringing this matter to our attention.

If you would please read the first post in this board, and fill out the form, you can assist our Fraud team with this ongoing investigation.  Thanks.

If you need additional assistance, please contact me privately.

Regards,
Robert

47 Posts

February 18th, 2016 10:00

Hey Robert.  Don't you think it's a little late to tell him to first post in that board?  He was already called!  Why isn't Dell proactively reaching out to anyone who has worked with Dell Technical Support or Customer Service?  You think this is good enough?  Dell NEEDS to warn their customers.

I got my scammer call yesterday and recorded it.   If some scammer can call me you would think Dell could do the same.  Class action is coming Dell!  You just wait!

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

February 19th, 2016 08:00

Thanks for your suggestion orangebandit.  I'll let the Fraud Division know your concerns and suggestions.

Perhaps after you fill out the form your information will assist the investigative team on how to solve the situation.

Regards,
Robert

47 Posts

February 19th, 2016 10:00

Hi Robert.  Appreciate your feedback as you have at least responded.   From what I've researched this has been going on since 2014?  Perhaps Dell can provide customers with an update?  It's 2016 and this is still an ongoing issue.  Perhaps Dell can let me know what other personal information was STOLEN that I should be concerned with. 

Regarding the form....perhaps Dell can remove the HTTP link and redirect to a SECURE connection via HTTPS?  Because like people getting caught in the scam...everyone knows to use HTTPS!

I wonder how many people were duped with this sophisticated scam.  Then sent all of their personal information over an NON-ENCRYPTED connection.  Then can see Dell creating a sticky here on the forum to make sure you use HTTPS next time you decide to send them more personal data.  Sticky placed right under the one on scams!

Dell had their chance.  If I fill out any form it will be on a government site to report cyber fraud.

Best regards,
Robert L.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

February 22nd, 2016 10:00

Thanks Robert L.,

Unfortunately all the information I have is in that post.  The Fraud Department is investigating, they've offered customers who have been duped by these people a method of assisting with the investigation.

Participation is voluntary, but greatly helpful.

Regards,
Robert

1 Message

September 20th, 2016 10:00

same scam # still calling in sept 2016

No Events found!