Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 24th, 2013 13:00

Dell, you have a problem!

At the moment I have not one but two Dell XPS 8700 machines sitting in my study. The first one worked for two days, the second one for FIVE minutes. Now you ask me to wait while you send parts to the technician for him to come over and diagnose the issue, and then maybe you will replace the machine again, for which I must wait another week.

But you tell me this is a high-end machine and that you sell hundreds of them without any out-of-box issues. So that makes me the only customer who bought one of these machines at more than $2K who has had a problem. Lucky me!

Sorry Dell, you have a bad batch of something in your production run and you have not yet found out what it is. These machines will in all probability be going back, and I will be looking elsewhere for a computer. Too bad, my last Dell, a Dimension 9100 was a great computer.

One dissatisfied customer.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

July 24th, 2013 15:00

Moving this thread to the Customer Care Forum.

Bev.

July 31st, 2013 16:00

Hi KeithTC,

Thank you for posting your feedback in our Community and Welcome!

If you still need assistance with your unit, please provide me information needed that I may be able to investigate your case. Please provide me the following via private message ( click my username in blue then Start Conversation );

Dell Service Tag:
Account Name registered to ( if not the same as your name ):
Your complete name ( if not the same as Acct name ):
Issues:
Dispatch number:

No Events found!