Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 19th, 2013 05:00

Didn't get a proper service even after making the payment

Hello There,
Greetings for the day.
I would like to draw your kind attention to all the issues which i have been facing from Kolkata Dell service center  I had submitted my laptop for the servicing & warranty extension for a year or two on 25th March 2013, the representative from the service center asked me to make the payment of Rs. 1,364 as a service charge, i agreed to pay & paid through my debit card immediately. 
My product info: 
Name: Varun Kafley
Service Tag: < ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>
Model: INSPIRON N5010
m.no. < ADMIN NOTE: Phone number removed per privacy policy>  
They had given me a commitment that they would call me after  three days from date  25th march 2013 of time after the system d iagnosise,   But unfortunately i did not heard anything from them. So, today i thought of calling in the number given in the papers which they had given me while submitting the system. They placed by call on hold for 15 to 20 mins without saying anything. Many people spoke to me in different voice, different people told me different things. One Guy named < ADMIN NOTE: Non-public info removed as per TOU> from the service center told me that the parts was not available so they didn't call me...!!!!
My question.... If i wouldn't have called them today then they wouldn't have called me ever...!!! How come the parts is available when i called today????
In a month time i have no idea what have they done with my system.....???? As they said that the parts was not available.. Is that dell company doesn't have any parts?????
If the parts were not available then they could have called me & informed rather then not contacting with me at all.
I am just shocked.... They told me today when i called them that i have error in my hard drive but i asked 1000 times what is the problem in my hard drive???? No one could answer me.
If the problem with the hard disc then dell didn't had a parts like hard disc available.
I would be really obliged if you can take immediate action on this.
Thanks & Regards
Varun Kafley 

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

April 19th, 2013 06:00

Hi Varun,

Apologies for an unpleasant experience. I request you remove the service tag of the system from the post as it is considered as personal information.

In order to take it further and track the repairs I will need you to provide me some information. You may send me the system information via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation). Please include the following information:

• Service Center/Dealer's details (Is it a Dell authorized service center?).
  • Any reference number if provided by them.
  • System owner's Name.

Please reply with the information.

April 19th, 2013 22:00

Hello Saharsh K,

Hereunder the answers top your queries:

1)  Dell Authorized Service Center
     Digicomp Complete Solutions Limited 31
    Ganesh Chandra Avenue, 1st Floor,
    Kolkata 700013
    Ph: 033-30084607

2) System Owner's Name: Varun Kafley

M. no. < ADMIN NOTE: Phone number removed per privacy policy>

Hope to hear from you asap.

Thanks & Regards

Varun Kafley

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

April 22nd, 2013 05:00

Hi Varun,

Thank you for sharing the information. I have checked the case records, and it does indicates a hard drive failure.

I am looking in to this case. I'll keep you posted.

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

April 24th, 2013 07:00

Hi Varun,

Thank you for your patience. I have check the records and everything seems to be in order. The system will be serviced soon.

Apologizes for all the inconvenience caused to you, we will try and ensure that such experience does not happen again. Please let me know if there is any further delay or issues in service, I'll get it addressed.

Please reply if you have any questions.

No Events found!