Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 12th, 2017 19:00

Dissapointed with Customer Service

I bought this Inspiron 5559 laptop last year in late August and this is probably my 4th Dell laptop in years and I am really sad and disappointed to say this is a piece of junk. I have had low battery performance issues on this laptop since beginning and I contacted Dell support in Nov 2016, Apr 2017, May 2017 via phone/web connect each time spending multiple hours on phone with agents performing checks, uploading new versions, reloading office etc. None of this helped the performance of this inspiron. My older inspiron which is almost 4 years old has better battery performance than this one. Extremely disappointed with performance I sent the laptop for actual factory evaluation in August 2017. The service center gave a new power adapter and checked and said that the laptop is OK. I am working with the laptop and this does not go beyond 1 hour of performance still. I remember that in 1 of the calls the agent mentioned that battery is not sized right and you should consider getting a larger battery - I was not taking that argument since you should engineer the battery to give right performance in standard configuration. I am observing that even if I have a 90% charged laptop and I shut it down and if I try to turn the laptop on after 1 day then it would not come up – the BATTERY WOULD HAVE DRAINED IN that 1 day even in shutdown mode- what a *** piece of laptop. I am EXTREMELY disappointed not just with the product but with service as well now.

THE CUSTOMER SERVICE takes control of laptop in multiple remote sessions and does something and thinks that has resolved the problem. Even after going back to them for 3 or 4 times and AFTER an actual factory visit my laptop is not HOLDING UP CHARGE. Please resolve the issue and get my laptop taken care of…..

. I tried contacting the Sales team as well to see if they could help and they reverted me back to Technical team. And I know that if I contact them again - most probably they will go through the entire check-up thing and after many hours of wasted time I will still have the problem not resolved ..PLEASE HELP ME RESOLVE THE PROBLEM. . Thanks for your consideration

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

October 13th, 2017 10:00

Thank you for your message.

We understand that your experience with us has been not good so far.  However, let me assure that our customers are and will always remain our priority.

Seems like this could be a hardware issue.The battery is a consumable product has only 1 year of warranty & the performance will deteriorate as days pass by.

The power back up basically depends on multiple factors, the power options used, LCD brightness, applications running in the background. Ideally, one cell provides a backup of approximately 20 minutes under test conditions. The backup also depends on the number of cells the battery has. It could be 3, 6 or 9 cells.

Please click on my Del username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address. We will look into this & assist you within our support boundary.

3 Posts

October 16th, 2017 20:00

Appreciate your response but I am sorry to say that this does not solve my problem. Please stop the "lip service" and get into some concrete action.

Dear Sreejith - I have been having this problem since very beginning as you might have noticed from my service requests hence please DO NOT say that this is 1 year warranty and stuff... the performance of the battery with this laptop has been subpar since beginning. And please stop makes excuses and pointing to different factors to confuse the issue. I do have an older inspiron and it works better and holds power better than this one. As I told you this is not my first Dell laptop and I have used various Dell laptops in past and this by far is the worst performing - a "lemon" in my perspective.

Please propose a solution instead of excuses!

3 Posts

October 25th, 2017 14:00

Could I please request any action from the service team!

No Events found!