Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 3rd, 2018 10:00

Do I have to register my monitor to activate warranty?

Hi,

I just recently purchased a new monitor from newegg. I tried to register it here, but apparently my monitor only has a serial number, not a service tag, so it won't let me. I tried to find an email for customer service, but all I found was a link to call a telephone number.

What I wanted to know is do I have to register my monitor here in order to activate the warranty? If so, could someone please provide me with instructions on how to do so since the automated form won't let me?

Also, could someone please tell me how to contact customer support by email, since they obviously forgot to post the information anywhere I could find it?

Thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 4th, 2018 06:00

Unfortunately, this is the negative of not buying directly from us. Without a service tag number, it is not possible to register it. The monitor 20 digit serial number is not tied to any Dell order number. You cannot take the 20 digit serial number and "add" it to any of your existing Dell accounts or create a new account.

Dell will warranty the monitor for 3 years from the build date inside the 20 digit serial number. Read the FAQ here.

No Events found!