Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

1 Message

January 7th, 2020 10:00

Exchange Problem - Please explain why I shouldn't just get a refund?

Here is my scenario.

I bought a new laptop that arrived with a dead screen.  It was approved for replacement on December 28.  Today, I found out the replacement is not scheduled to arrive until Jan 30.

Why I'm upset.  I bought an unmodified model right off the Dell website, so there is nothing unique about my laptop.  As well, Dell is still selling this exact model right now, so I know it is available.  On top of this, the model I'm waiting to have replaced is labelled the "featured deal" with a bold red banner on top of it ... so I assume that it is not only available ... but plentiful.  Here is the link and my laptop is 3rd one priced at 2,549 on sale for 2,199:

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/work/shop/laptops-ultrabooks/new-xps-15/spd/xps-15-7590-laptop

So NOW I'm starting to get concerned.  Why will it take a month to send me the replacement?  Does this mean I'm not getting a brand new laptop as a replacement?  Is the delay because I'm waiting for them to send me a repaired version of my model that isn't ready yet???

At this point I begin to question if I should just cancel my entire order and buy another brand instead.  Also, this is my work laptop used for mobile work ... which I cannot do until I get the replacement.

I'd love some assistance with this please and ty.

Philip.

16 Posts

January 7th, 2020 13:00

Don’t forget that your warranty clock is ticking the whole time that you do not have a functioning computer.  They start the warranty when they ship the original computer, in my case I never even received the original as FedEx lost it.  They do not make any effort to expedite replacements.  I was able to get compensation from them but it was a huge ordeal with their “best in class customer service”. Is, still waiting for promised explanations from the the Adavanced Resolution Group as to why every Dell rep, including them, that I dealt with did not follow through with promises, why computers were not shipped as promised, were shipped with no signature requirement.

• 

25.7K Posts

January 12th, 2020 15:00

Greetings,

I just wanted to let you know that your order is still on part hold. I will continue to monitor the order and keep you posted once I see the progress.

- Jenniefer 

• 

25.7K Posts

January 16th, 2020 14:00

Hi Philip,

It's me, Jenniefer.

Your order is currently on a part shortage at the merge center. 

I've raised a request to speed this up and I'm expecting an update in a day or two. Once part recovers, manufacturing will resume. 

I will continue to monitor the progress and keep you posted. 

- Jenniefer 

No Events found!