Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 1st, 2016 05:00

Expired Dell Promo Gift Cards

I purchased a television a while back because of the promotional program and expected the normal 4-6 weeks of delivery for a gift card in the mail. Little did I know it was sent to my school e-mail address (which my Dell account was registered to and I hadn't checked in forever). By the time I realized my mistake, the expiration date of the promo gift card had come and gone.

I am really disappointed by the 90-day expiration time period--Dell can do whatever it wants as a company, but customers are allowed to have opinions on their policies.

Here's where I am even more disappointed--it seems some customers have a lucky charm and have found the right Dell employee that will re-issue them the expired gift card--as I've found numerous claims of such on different forum posts. Yet, I cannot seem to have the same luck.

It would go a long way in terms of my respect for Dell's customer service if I could find the same treatment as other customers have had.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 1st, 2016 10:00

Hi Rmcneeley,

Thank you for posting your expired Dell Promo Gift Card concerns on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board. Please accept my apology for any disappointment the expiration date may have caused. It is not our intention to mislead you or any of our valued customers regarding the 90 day expiration date on our Promotional Gift Cards. The Promotional Card has an expiry or "valid thru" date which can be found on the carrier to which the Promo Card was affixed. 

At the time the order is placed, all merchandising regarding the promotional cards conveys the card carries a 90 day expiry date and sales agents and online relay the same info. Promotional Gift Cards ship separately from purchase, and typically arrives in 10–20 days from ship date via email and carry a 90-day expiration.

For terms applying to Dell gift cards that have an expiration date, including cards given “free with purchase” please see the Promotional Dell Gift Card terms and conditions is available here. To determine which card you have please reference the back of the card.

Delivery and Restrictions

4. Promotional e-Gift Card ships separately from purchase and typically arrives in 10-20 days from ship date via email and carries a 90 day expiration (except where prohibited by law). Email address required for eGift Card delivery.

Governing Law

5. The laws of Texas govern the Promo Card and the terms and conditions of this Agreement. 

Card Expiration

6. Please note that the Promo Card has an expiry or "valid thru" date. Your Promo Card's expiry or valid thru date can be found on the carrier to which the Promo Card was affixed, or by calling 1-800-242-5353. After that date, the funds will expire, and the Promo Card will not be accepted by Dell. After the expiry or valid thru date, please cut up the Promo Card and dispose of it. Invalid Promo Cards are not replaceable or returnable. 

When our customers contact us because of an issue with their promotional eGift Cards, each incident is evaluated on a case by case basis. If after investigating it is determined there was an error on Dell’s part, we can make adjustments. If the promotional gift card expires because you associated your Dell account to an invalid or seldom used email address, this is not a Dell error.

If you still need assistance, I am happy to look into this matter on your behalf. Please reply to my email and provide the requested information so I may access your account records.

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!