Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 23rd, 2016 12:00

Expired Gift Card and Worst customer service

I thought comcast has one of the worst customer service... but I was wrong.

I was going to use my gift $250 card and realized it expired 2 days ago.
The email that I got has Code expires on date as blank - which means it shouldn't expire, right?

So I tried live chat, she said I have to contact to another department.   So I did, and this time the lady was very slow in responding... that's Ok. And when I asked to connect with the manager, I was put on hold.

After 20mins I gave up and called the 1-877-819-3355 that is listed on Dell website for Dell gift card & credit card support.   After being on hold for a while, I talked with the rep, and told me i had to call the gift card department... what the heck???   he forwarded me to another one, and after several minutes, a lady picked up, and I could barely understand what she was saying.  I asked her if this is a gift card department, she said no, and then she forwarded the call right after that

waiting some more time, this time, the gentlemen sounds nicer. I explained him the situation, and I told him I would like to file a complain. So he sounded like he wanted to help and said he will note it in the account also. Not long after that the line was disconnected

Wow... I spend more than 1 hr on this... and very frustrated with this experience.
I still have to work here. :(

Can someone advise what did you do in this situation and who in Dell can help?Oh the live chat is still suspended after ~46mins..

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 28th, 2016 16:00

Hi CustomerInDistress, 

Thanks for posting your comments on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board. At the time the order is placed, all merchandising regarding the promotional cards conveys the card carries a 90 day expiry date and sales agents and online relay the same info. Promotional Gift Cards ship separately from purchase, and typically arrives in 10–20 days from ship date via email and carry a 90-day expiration. 

Promotional Gift Card Offer: Offer contingent upon purchase of eligible product; Promotional card not valid if eligible product is returned for a refund. If eligible product is returned for a refund after the card has been redeemed, the value of the redeemed card will be deducted from the refund amount. Promotional Gift Card ships separately from purchase, and typically arrives in 10–20 days from ship date via email and carries a 90-day expiration. Dell can only accept a limited number of Promo Cards per purchase and funds may not be consolidated with Prepaid or other Promo Cards. Multicard payment can be requested by phone sales only. Terms and conditions apply. See http://www.dell.com/giftcard/promoterms.

I trust this information is helpful. Should you need additional assistance, please reply to my email and provide the requested information.

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!