Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 20th, 2019 00:00

Extremely poor customer service

Hi,

I don't know any other forum to escalate about pathetic after sales service. Also I doubt whether you are really interested in selling parts.

It took me 5 phone calls and 3 mails to get an onsite engineer to visit my house under Premium warranty. First I spend 1 hour 30 minutes on phone where your engineer tried to make an IT professional out of me. Online service is for smoother customer service. Why can't you just send somebody to check the computer. I am not an IT engineer and I don't want to be. I am a doctor and I don't ask my patients to do their body check up over phone for 2 hours. Then why should you expect people to be your assistant's to figure out a problem. And you think we have time for 1-2 hours to entertain you. After wasting hours I was told somebody would visit my house. Didn't receive a call for 3 days, I had to follow up. Was told the call went on voice mail. But no alert, message or mail from Dell. I am suppose to assume what could have happened. When I called for follow up I was told Dell will not take action unless I follow up. Seriously, you are telling me you will not intimate me. And then continuously postponing the visits for another 3 days. So it took 7 days to get the laptop serviced. But there seems to be other problems, which may take another 10 days. This wouldn't have happened if rather than making me an IT professional somebody had come over for the issues. May be for dumb people like us you can keep an old fashioned store where we can visit to get the computer inspected first.

I have placed an order for charger last week. I diligently sent the document as instructed with payment details. I received no acknowledgment. Again I follow up, I am told after 2 days that system will generate some mail. Never received it. After 2 days there are some issues in payment and a simple charger is not available. I am trying to find a DELL store for buying charger but cannot get one. Are people who don't want to be so tech savvy not allowed to carry on any activity. If you can tell me where I can visit to buy a charger it would be great.

• 

25.7K Posts

November 20th, 2019 01:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us here & sharing the issue with the service. My apologies for the ordeal faced in order to get the system serviced.

Ideally it does not take this much time for the system to be checked & serviced but in order to send a service tech, the issue has to be isolated first, post which the part needed to be replaced has to be booked.

After the parts are shipped out to the technician you would be called to schedule the appointment to get it replaced.

I know you are busy & cannot spare time to be on call or trouble shoot on the issue.

In regard to your query about the store address, I would request you to help me with your region so that I can share the URL to help you locate the store address from where you can order the adapter.

You can also reach out to the sales team on the below number to help you place an order:

https://dell.to/337qWCl

-Anita

• 

25.7K Posts

November 21st, 2019 07:00

Hi,

I'll be closing this ticket here,do reach out for any help needed.

-Anita

No Events found!