Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 22nd, 2015 07:00

For Lorna- Motherboard or Windows Key needed

Hi- I was directed here by several "Rockstar" users, and instructed to get in touch with Lorna. They said she could help me with getting either a motherboard or Windows key.

From what those users told me after running some tests with my system, Dell sent me a computer that was supposed to have a Windows 8 OS, but the motherboard was embedded with a Windows 7 key. Windows 8 ran fine until my hard drive crashed and needed to be replaced, I was not able to reinstall Windows 8 from my recovery discs on to the new hard drive because my motherboard does not have a Windows 8 key, making it impossible to put an OS back on my system. My unit has an authentic Windows 8 sticker, verifying this is the OS that was supposed to be on the computer, the users said that the existing motherboard should never have been put in my unit, and this was an error on Dell's part and should be resolved without me having to purchase a new OS.

Please see the blog post at the link below for all of the details of my issue if necessary, or let me know if you need any other information:

Thanks!

29 Posts

October 22nd, 2015 07:00

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

October 22nd, 2015 08:00

I have sent you a private message to assist Lorna.

No Events found!