Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 2nd, 2015 09:00

Frustrated Due to Missing Pieces

I ordered a Vizio Soundbar (S4251W-B4) system two weeks ago. The product arrive within two days of ordering. Which was great. When I went to open the box, I notice the top was taped up a lot. It was where the base of the box (Part with the sub-woofer) met the upper part of the box (Skinny part). See the image below. At first I was worried thinking it was damaged in transit. Well I decided to open the package and make sure it was ok. After opening, I found everything looked fine. So I figured it was part of the way it was packaged. After unloading everyone thing, I notice all the accessories for the speaker were missing. This includes the manual, audio cables, power cables, mounting brackets and the remote. Non of these were in the box. After this discovery I immediately called Dell. It took 2 hours on hold to finally get ahold of someone. After speaking to the rep (An indian man, whom I could not understand), he said the order would be shipped within 3-5 business days. Well a week went by and nothing showed up. So i called again and after another long wait I got rep. The rep informed me the replacement was never processed! The women said they would expedite the package. I have no tracking number or and sort of way to know when it is shipping. I am pretty sure this is my last purchase with Dell. I am now worried the $100 EGift Card I am suppose to get will never show up. Especially since there is no record of it in the receipt. 

Has anyone else had an issue like this? I am so mad I have a $300 system that I can't do anything with.

4 Posts

December 9th, 2015 05:00

Latest Update:

Dear JEFFERSON EBRIGHT, 

This is an order status update from Dell. The manufacturer has discontinued item number A7113320. This item has been removed from your order and you will not be charged for the product.

You can review the details of this order by visiting dell.com and clicking on "My Order Status". Or call 1-800-999-3355 and a representative will assist you.

Your Order Number:    Order Number removed per privacy policy>
        Your Customer Number:  Customer Number removed per privacy policy>
        Dell Part Number: A7113320
        Description: VIZIO S4251w-B4 - Sound bar system - for home theater - 5.1-channel

We truly value our relationship and reputation with our customers, and we are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please be assured that we are working hard to try and prevent similar issues going forward.

Thank you for choosing Dell!

So I am out a sound system that does not work because they failed to send me what I paid for. This is unacceptable.

4 Posts

March 7th, 2016 09:00

Wow... Months later I get a call asking if I have received my replacement parts. They called a half hour before the help desk closed for the day. Because of that I missed the called. And was not able to call back.

At this point I have gotten nothing from Dell and really annoyed.

I had to go through Vizio to get the items I was missing.

4 Posts

March 8th, 2016 12:00

The service ticket was closed because Dell no longer sells the item. So now I was sent a sound system that does not work for over $200. That is just terrible. And it has been over 4+ months of headache dealing with this.

Below is the last email I saw. I also got a voicemail explaining the item is no longer available for exchange. So frustrating!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello,                 

Greetings from Dell Customer Care.

This email is in reference to your recent contact with Dell regarding the replacement issues pertaining on order number ##########.

I regret to inform you but the vendor has de-activated this item and would no longer manufacture these parts. I would kindly request you to let us know your consent on this.

Please feel free to reply if you need any assistance from my end. I will be happy to help you.

Wishing you a pleasant day.                    

Regards,

Anurag Singh

Brand Certified

Dell |  CSMB Resolution Coach

Office – 800-624-9897

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 17th, 2016 13:00

Hi tebright1, 

Thank you for posting your comments regarding the missing Vizio Soundbar (S4251W-B4) pieces and Dell’s subsequent inability to replace the product from the manufacturer. Please allow me to apologize for any frustration or disappointment the unavailability of this product may have caused. 

Dell offers third party products on our website as a convenience for our customers. We neither manufacturer nor stock these items. When an order is placed through Dell, the order goes directly to the manufacturer’s fulfillment center for delivery. If there is a problem with the order, Dell contacts the original manufacturer for any necessary replacements. Normally we would replace the order, not just the missing pieces. 

I was able to determine you are in contact with another Dell representative who has advised these orders were oversold during the holiday season and we could not accommodate any further requests. He suggested you contact the vendor and check with them regarding the current availability. If you are unable to secure the missing pieces from the manufacturer, please contact the representative who has been assisting you and request a return for credit. 

I trust this information is help. Should you need any additional assistance, please reply to the representative assisting with your case. 

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!