Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

4 Posts

October 7th, 2019 13:00

Frustrating online order experience

Just sharing my order process experience from yesterday, as I'm really shocked that this is happening with such long term established manufacturer/vendor like Dell.

Yesterday I was trying to purchase the XPS 15 OLED for discounted price (discount until 06/10/2019 as per Irish Dell website). I had this product in the basket entire day (6th October) as I couldn't make decision between OLED and non-OLED . By 23:00, when I decided to buy it, the price changed (only at checkout) to higher, with the discount still shown on the main page. It would only show the higher price once I click "checkout" after inserting shipping information and moving to payment. I do have screenshots to confirm this, in fact, I've sent an e-mail to support at 23:40 yesterday, so still technically 6th of October :). Received no response. Today I was trying to chat to sales rep, we ended up having a call and he couldn't suggest any solution either - is it really that difficult to generate a coupon and let me finish the purchase?

But, my rant is really about the fact that this whole issue looked like a scam - you go through entire process and only when you are ready to purchase you notice the price have changed. I'm still considering buying this laptop, but, with much less enthusiasm, especially after reading all those post around color banding issues with 4k panels.

No Responses!
No Events found!