Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 12th, 2012 09:00

Get a new computer--not a Dell?

If someone else has these problems, I wouldn't know because there is an error when searching.  There is an error loading pages.  The pages freeze--the cursor doesn't work.  The pages freeze and the cursor does work.  Pages don't respond--around and around it goes to no where. Husband bought 3/11 but didn't turn it on until the software support was over.  They replaced the hard drive within a month of having it on.  Takes about five minutes for it to turn on--pages either don't load or freeze when they do load.  Problem in IE, chrome and firefox turned into a photo negative so I unstalled it.  Have talked to several Dell people on FB.  Last one wanted me to completely erase everything off the computer until the time it was new.  I tried to run the Dell diagnostics on it but they don't work either.  This is my third and LAST dell.  I'd rather own a throwaway one that worked ok for a year than have this . . .  So can someone tell me what to do?  I use this for work at home--before this computer, I could finish my day in four hours.  It now takes +8 and that is with me not finishing all of it.  Do they have lemon laws for computers?  Originally when I called tech support, all they wanted to do was sell me something not help.  What do you think?

12 Posts

December 12th, 2012 13:00

Is this on a notebook?   I recently bought an XPS14z.  It was working fine for months, then suddenly it was doing the same thing you have described.  When scrolling in the web browser it would appear to freeze and had to be rebooted.  Turned out to be a driver conflict.  This was caused by Microsoft Windows Update, not Dell.  It's a result the operating system, which is Microsoft's issue.  I would go to http://support.dell.com/ and download the latest drivers for your computer.

Just A Note:  Dell uses the SAME hardware that HP, Acer and Lenovo do.  It's all Intel, NVIDIA, WD, etc... Dell doesn't actually make the hardware.  Good luck getting support from Acer or Lenovo.  Dell actually went and replaced your hard drive for you.  If Dell swapped the hard drive and you didn't see this issue for a while, but it "suddenly" came back... It sounds like either you loaded conflicting software or Windows Update caused the issue.

No Events found!