Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

CG

July 8th, 2018 17:00

Goodbye, Dell

I usually only post to companies when I 1) have great praise for them and/or one or more of their employees (I do this as much as I can), 2) have a relationship with them that is less than satisfactory and I am trying to improve the situation since I'm invested, or 3) need to have a mission-critical problem with the company rectified and am otherwise getting nowhere.  In this case, I'm posting because I've been a personal and business Dell customer since 1991, and I'm finally done - but I'm hopeful that some employee will care enough about the numerous complaints I've heard and seen to try to help Dell back to a healthy position.  I started to write out the entire customer service interaction that pushed me over the edge, and then I thought, this is not really going to accomplish much.

I'd actually be willing to talk an ombudsman from Dell through what happened, just so Dell can see how poor the customer experience is.  I have to say that it is telling that other feedback mechanisms to Dell have been removed over the past several years - must be overwhelmed with the complaints and just found it not worthwhile to try.  I would have posted to one feedback mechanism I found, but it turns out you need your service call ID, and even though I had a service call ID assigned (I could see it in our chat session and in the remote session), it did not show up in my account, nor did I get the transcript via e-mail.  Oh well - see ya, Dell.

My advice to anyone who may find this or other threads in the Dell forum about bad experiences - look at other options.  Perhaps they're all as bad as Dell on the PC side, but this is about the worst incompetence and customer hostility (for a customer who paid for the warranty service) I've experienced, so I may go back to Mac after having been on PCs for most of my adult life.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

July 10th, 2018 06:00

Thank you for your message. Seems like your experience with us has been not good so far.  However, let me assure that our customers are and will always remain our priority. We hope that we get a chance to turn around your experience with us.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

No Events found!