Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 1st, 2016 12:00

Headline: Bait and Switch Advertising Leads to Lost Revenue

I recently received an email from dell_epp@home.dell.com offering me “Exclusive Doorbuster Deals” I then purchased the item pictured below.  I received the item a couple of days later.  After opening the item, I quickly realized that it is not the SMART version of the tv.  I proceeded to call customer service only to be told that I needed to send it back for a refund. They also mentioned that I would not receive the item advertised for the price they advertised it for.  Basically, either send the tv back for a refund or keep the tv and be happy with something I didn’t want in the first place.  I expressed to them my displeasure and that I missed some work to make sure it wasn’t stolen from my front steps, because of their careless shipping policies.  I then proceeded to mention that if I owned a company that advertised a product for sale and accidentally sent the wrong item, I would do everything in my power to get the person the correct item.  As soon as I receive full refund, I shall close my credit account.  I hope this post alerts other consumers of the deceptive practices that Dell utilizes.  I have been a Dell customer for more than a decade and I’ve spent thousands of dollars on Dell’s products.  With this dishonest business practice, they have lost a customer.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 2nd, 2016 07:00

Hi crispy31909, 

Thanks for posting your comments on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board and bringing your customer experience to our attention. Please accept my apology for any frustration or inconvenience you may have been caused. 

I am happy to look into this matter on your behalf. Please reply to my email and provide the requested information so I may access your account records. 

Thank you,
Lorna

No Events found!