Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

LB

February 8th, 2018 09:00

Help - How do I escalate issues to a Dell Manager? -Dell: Just tell me the truth.

I have a premier warranty on my laptop, with 2 years left on the warranty.  I opened a ticket on the display hinge which broke and they said I had to send it in for diagnostics and repair because they couldn't send a tech out without remote diagnosing it first and charged a diagnostic fee.  I paid an additional Expedite fee to rush the repair. OK... I'm in a hurry to get it back so no other choice at this point.

After they received it they said they needed to order parts not in stock.  The parts arrived a week later, they repaired something, and said they now needed another part that is on back order and would notify me when it arrived.  Every time I call them they tell me they can't check the status.  On Monday I called and after they couldn't give me a date, the guy put me on hold for a minute, then came back on the line and said the part was in. I suggested that means I'll have my PC by end of week and he said by Friday or Monday.  Thursday I called back in because I hadn't received any shipping info (they always tell me they'll call or email me and never do).  This time they told me the part is on back order.  I blew up because I realized on Monday the guy LIED to me.  So what happens.. this guy says he'll check again... and voila!... he comes back to the phone and says the part is in and I'll have my PC shortly but can't give details. Almost the same baloney the guy on Monday did!  I ask to talk to a Supervisor and who tells me he the tech briefed him and he can't give me any more info, but can only email the warehouse and a response will take at least 24 hours, and he is the highest level of escalation.  It's been over 3 weeks already and I can't get the truth out of these guys.  I truly believe the LIED to me twice about the status and routinely just tell you they'll notify you by phone or email of any status or changes but never do.

I need my laptop.  It's my work.  How do I get someone from Dell on the line who will tell me the truth and find out what the status is?

Advice for Dell: Just tell me the truth.  I can take it!  I'll be more upset when you lie to me than when you tell me a part is taking longer than expected!

2 Posts

March 4th, 2018 18:00

I have a similar issue. In my company, we don't expect anything from dell. We order samsung products. Dell is a joke and won't ever reply to you, sorry. My son is STILL waiting on his dell alienware laptop and out of 13 posts and inquiries we've made to dell, we've been answered once. With a lot of nonsense. Good luck, maybe it will work out for you.

No Events found!