Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 2nd, 2014 13:00

Help Needed

1 I ordered a new Dell computer from the Dell website.
2 Unit was paid for by Master Card credit card.
3 The unit was defective out of the box (random would not boot).
4 Tech came to home and installed new Motherboard (did not fix problem).
5 Tech called supervisor, box would be issued to send to service center.
6 Computer sent to Houston Dell service center.
7 Fed Ex has signature that it was received by Dell.
8 Dell’s on-line tracking states Dell did not receive unit.
9 I have been on the phone with Dell, after 2 hours on the phone I was in a phone loop, they
would hand me off to other phone numbers with no answers.
10 Personal opinion, the unit is lost in Dell facility.

5 Posts

April 3rd, 2014 22:00

The tech finished with the in-home service today, left my place around 5:30, with a 1 1/2 hour drive to his home.  Re-placed the second motherboard and power supply.  The system has been working good for the last 6 hours.  Thanks Chris and others.

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

Don D.

That could very well be so that it's lost at Dell.  But, you have proof that they signed for it and received it.

When you have problems out the box, that's unacceptable and you should have requested a replacement unit.  I would still do that before the 30 days is up from the date on the  invoice.  If you replace it within that time you'll receive a new unit, after 30 days you'll get a refurb.

It's not on you if the system has been lost at Dell, it will turn up but in the mean time I would go a head  and request a new unit.

Z...................................

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

Don,

The unit is not in your possession because Dell has it.

Use this form here to get in touch with Dell, which will escalate this issue also. You will get a response in a few business days.

Z......

5 Posts

I was only following the directions on the box.   " If you have problems do not return unit .  Call ~~~~~  ".  No invoice came with the unit.  The unit is not in my possession to return.  I have no idea how to get in touch with them.  I do not have an invoice #  .  But, thank you for the reply.

5 Posts

Chris, you advised to click on Lorna for e-mail.  I do not see anywhere I can e-mail her.  

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

We are already working this one via PM.

5 Posts

April 2nd, 2014 14:00

Thank you Chris, the Fed Ex tracking states it will arrive tomorrow.  Now,  just what to do  ?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 2nd, 2014 14:00

Forget that for now. Check your private message from me.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 2nd, 2014 23:00

See the private message I sent you.

No Events found!