Start a Conversation

Unsolved

W

2 Posts

January 5th, 2020 08:00

Horrible Customer Experience - I am not alone.

Hello,

I want to start off by saying I made my purchase decision partly based on the great experience I had purchasing a full system + monitor + accessories some years back. There were shipping issues and Dell customer care had everything sorted out within days.

Fast forward to now. I ordered an Alienware AW3418DW on December 20th. I was going to order a week or so earlier but I wanted it to arrive after Christmas to not spoil the surprise my roommate. (We were both getting new desks and monitors). At the time I placed the order, it was estimating January 2nd as delivery date. It has since been delayed numerous times now stating: February 21st. No reasoning was given, just delay after delay. After contacting Support about it, they told me the issue was the parts were on order and weren't manufactured yet. So even though into the new year, the monitor was on sale and In stock. Going as far as telling new customers their product would be shipped in 2-5 days (even though it was definitely going to be delayed). After complaining to support, they took the page down temporarily. It is now back up and saying IN STOCK! and that it would ship Jan 6th. 

Either I'm being singled out and getting the short end of the stick or customers are being lied too. I am now looking at 60+ Days after order before I receive my product. Using this for work and play, this is a huge let down.

After this I don't think I would recommend ordering from your webstore. Dell.. How can we make this right? 

January 6th, 2020 16:00

I’m in the same boat. Ordered on 12/12, estimated delivery date 12/20. Hasn’t shipped yet. I ordered two items since, and they’ve both been delivered. Horrible to sell something and not have it in stock, then make customers wait weeks/months to get the product they paid for.

1 Message

January 8th, 2020 11:00

Almost the same issue. Ordered the same monitor in 12/13. Estimation Date got changed 4 times, still not shipped yet. I don't know why they still have the customer support system if they actually cannot do anything to help. Also contacted the order modification department once (suggested by the online guy). The lady said she needed to talk to her manager and would call me back later. Then no more replies. I have been told 3 times to wait for 24-48hrs to get an update. But never receive one. I am stuck in the endless loop of contacting Dell for an update -> being told to wait for 24-48hrs. 

No Events found!