Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 13th, 2017 11:00

Horrible Experience with my new Laptop- No where to go, its a Paper Weight for me now

Hi,

I bought a new Laptop from dell 13" 5378 I7 7200, 8 GB RAM. Within 30 days of recieve of the laptop i started facing issues. terrible sound too hot, disk consumption always 100%, hard to use, contacted support spend 12 hours online taking help from them but no resolution.

Dell sent a technician to replace fan in my new system,but no help.

Next i was asked after 60 days of utilizing 3rd class premium support for which i was charged extra money when i made purchase, that they are not able to resolve the issue and i should try replacing the system by crying in front of sales team and only if they feel pity on my story they will try to resolve.

I got into their suggestion and called sales team and well had terrible experience again, sales team was so rude and not ready to listen anything as it has been more than 30 days of me using the system so they are not going to replace it now.

Its been 97 days now i am somehow waiting that this new system will work but getting no help from dell neither in resolving the issue neither in exchanging the system.

I have bought three laptops from dell, but this is my last for sure as i dont know now whom to connect to get a working system. If someone listens to this forum then kindly help.

7 Posts

April 14th, 2017 11:00

Just so you know I feel yah... I kept asking who I can contact to get an issue resolved.  One question I take they don't like to answer.

April 17th, 2018 12:00

This model are are terribly designed and assemblied. I have bought one with i5 7200U and SSD. I was disabled Turbo Boost mode because of throttling. The CPU is overheating each time you have a good load on cores. Fan is going crazy and so on. But i suppose this is engineering mistake cause fan is spinning, processor is almost 100 degree by celsium, the bottom panel is hot, but airflow from the notebook is cool.

I was have no time to go to the service and I decide to solve this problem by myself. Because anyway i have planned to extend the memory amount. The first thing i have noticed that the cooling system in this models are VERY weak. There is only one small cooper pipe with the small radiator at the tip. Distance between fan and chasis is to small. There is no any air intake channel. Thermal grease is.... (just no comments - look at the picture)

Before i bought this notebook i have a lot of Dell devices... good devices.... but now i'm very dissapointed by this brand.

photo_2018-04-17_21-48-31.jpgphoto_2018-04-17_21-48-40.jpgphoto_2018-04-17_21-48-44.jpg

April 17th, 2018 12:00

Oh, yes, I replaced it and applied the thermal paste properly - it improved the cooling slightly.

No Events found!