Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

May 14th, 2013 21:00

How can I return a product when replacement had no waybill and no directions for return and tech say not to wait more before returning

Ordered external hard drive with order no. <ADMIN NOTE: Order number removed per privacy policy> in April. Got hard drive, had problems with usb 3.0 on my dell xps 8500.  Dell sent replacement hard drive with order <ADMIN NOTE: Order number removed per privacy policy> on May 6, 2013.  Package did not include waybill and directions for returning first drive.  Asked techs for same but was told to wait and see what was wrong with system.More usb 3.0 problems, hours spent on phone with many techs, each time starting from square 0.  Dell decided to replace motherboard.  Tech replaced it today.  Dell Tech called later to see if things seem okay.  Automated phone call from Dell at 8 Pm my time tonight demanded return of drive, cited order number, said to press star if I wanted message repeated. I pressed star and Dell automated call disconnected.

I have LOST SO MUCH TIME DEALING WITH DELL.  THE RIGHT HAND IN DELL DOES KNOW WHAT THE LEFT HAND DOES, IN FACT THE RIGHT HAND DOES NOT EVEN SEEM TO KNOW WHAT IT IS DOING.

TRIED CHAT FEATURE WITH CUSTOMER SUPPORT BUT THAT FEATURE IS BROKEN AT DELL END.  DO NOT HAVE AN HOUR OR SO TOMORROW TO CALL DELL GENERAL NUMBER, BE REFEREED TO WRONG DEPARTMENT THAT WILL REFER ME AGAIN UNTIL DELL SYSTEM HANGS UP.  (EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE WITH DELL PHONE PROBLEMS) 

DELL IS POORLY MANAGED, NO WONDER COMPANY HAS FINANCIAL WOES.

*******I WANT TO RETURN FIRST DRIVE.********

SEND ME UPS WAYBILL AND INFO by email.  LOOK up THE ORDER NUMBERS AND YOU WILL FIND MY EMAIL.  SEND ME AN EMAIL.

WAS HAPPY TONIGHT UNTIL I GOT THE LATE PHONE CALL THAT DISCONNECTED WHEN I TRIED TO GET IT TO REPEAT  MESSAGE. I DON'T LIKE BEING TOLD TO DO ONE THING (WAIT UNTIL DELL DETERMINES WHAT IS GOING ON WITH SYSTEM BEFORE RECEIVING WAYBILL UPS RETURN LABEL) AND THEN HAVING AN AUTOMATED PHONE CALL CHIDE ME FOR NOT RETURNING THE FIRST HARD DRIVE THAT TECH SAID TO DELAY RETURNING.

1 Rookie

• 

22 Posts

Tried email using Dell support page.  The Dell web site does not allow more than 2 lines of text. Can not provide info to get any progress on getting a usp waybill and return  number, etc.

1 Rookie

• 

22 Posts

title should have read that techs said to wait until problems resolved before returning first hard drive

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

May 14th, 2013 22:00

I am moving this thread to the Customer Care Forum.

Bev.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 15th, 2013 06:00

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your comments and bringing your concerns to our attention. Please allow me to apologize for any frustration or inconvenience you may have been caused.

Please contact me privately, by clicking on my name in blue and selecting the email icon or Start a Conversation, and providing the following information. I am happy to look into this matter on your behalf.

Name:
Email Address:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Order Number:
Service Tag #:
Country of purchase:
Current country location:
Reason:

Thanks,
Lorna

May 15th, 2013 08:00

Similar thing happened to me. When I requested Dell to take my credit card details. Send new replacement laptop. Once the new laptop is received I will send the old one. But Dell representative simply rejected the offer!!!

1 Rookie

• 

22 Posts

May 15th, 2013 17:00

Thanks, the shipping tag you sent arrived by email, and I have sent the drive back to Dell. Unfortunately, the motherboard replacement did not make any difference. USB 3.0 and connected drives vanish when I try to move data between the external drives or from computer to drive--usually takes few hours for system to fail.  Have purchased a 3T Western Digital hard drive and will see how that works in place of the remaining Segate that I bought from Dell. Have started a  topic on desktop forum to see if anyone has successfully run 2 usb 3.0 hard drives at same time with Dell Dimension XPS8500.

No Events found!