Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 5th, 2013 12:00

How long does it take to get a laptop?

I ordered a laptop on 8/25 with an estimated delivery date of 9/9. Today I wake up and see that it has been delayed to 9/18. I go on the website and see the exact same product is a "smart selection" and will ship tomorrow if ordered today. So either I'm getting   or they are lying to every customer that goes on their site. I also saw the laptop for $100 cheaper less than a week after I ordered mine. I call to see if I can get credited the amount. Spoke to multiple people, I couldn't/barely understand most of them, got transferred about 10 times, and even hung up on once. No help after spending hours on the phone. I haven't even received my laptop and I'm already unimpressed with Dell.

803 Posts

September 5th, 2013 13:00

Hi Chewbacca421,

Thanks for posting your comments and bringing this to out notice. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this delay may have caused. Shipping and delivery dates are only estimates and are not guaranteed by Dell. At times the delay is caused due to vendor related part shortages. Website will show the shipping date provided the system you have ordered is in stock and ready to be shipped.

Price will differ on a weekly basis depending on the promotions that are being offered. Please provide the order number, name on the account and country of purchase through private message. While I cannot make any promises I will try to expedite the order.

To send a Private Message, click my Dell-User name and click Send a Private message.

September 5th, 2013 14:00

I get that prices differ, but this is the only company I know of that won't match it. You would prefer a person to return their product and repurchase. Which loses you money having to sell it as refurbished. And if this is your guys (horrible) policy, why did I spend an hour plus on the phone, being transferred multiple times, with no one able to tell me this.

No Events found!