Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 29th, 2013 01:00

How to 'Change My Default System' in my Dell Account?

I have been trying 'Unsuccessfully' to get support to first 'Understand' my inquiry: In my Dell Account -"How to 'Change My Default System' for the last 17 days, since May 10, 2013.

They answer with some continuing gibberish every 2 to 4 days. These are supposed to be people that 'SOLVE'/'RESOLVE' issues!!!??? 

Please, can anybody here decisively (assure) me that there is a set of instructions to my dilemma?

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

May 29th, 2013 06:00

Hi 1Eagler3,

Apologies for the inconvenience. You may follow the below mentioned steps to remove the old system from your Dell My Account:

• Please sign into your account and under My Support tab click on My Product and Services.(Check the image below)

• Click on My Product List on left hand side.

• You will see My Product List with your system listed over there.
  • Click on the check box next to your system's Service Tag, select the option Delete from My Product List from the drop down menu to remove the system.

• Click Delete on the confirmation prompt.

• The product will be removed from there.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

13 Posts

May 29th, 2013 15:00

I do not know how to make the 'Red Boxed' / Redact of personal 'Account' information.

But it still lists the wrong 'Service Tag: ******* and (wrong)
'Dell' computer system under "My Products and Services" there on 'My Account'  (top right side of the page).

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

May 30th, 2013 12:00

Hi 1Eagler3,

As per my understanding, you have performed the above mentioned steps and still you are not able to remove the incorrect Service Tag from My Product List, is this correct?

If this is the case, then let me know. I'll get it corrected by the concerned team. Please reply with the information.

13 Posts

May 30th, 2013 19:00

Yes, this is correct!!!

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

May 31st, 2013 05:00

Hi 1Eagler3,

I have shared the details with the concerned team and they will work on it to get this corrected. Right now they are investigating the cause of the issue and will respond back as soon as they have more information to share as it seems like it may be a glitch in the website.

I'll keep you posted.

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

June 4th, 2013 12:00

Hi 1Eagler3,

Apologies for the delay. I am still awaiting the response from the support team on this. I will keep you updated.

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

June 8th, 2013 11:00

Hi 1Eagler3,

Apologies for the delay. I am still awaiting the response from the support team on this. I will keep you updated.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 8th, 2013 11:00

Hi 1Eagler3,

While DELL-Saharsh K is still trying to find the answer, can you try this and see if it gets corrected.

Go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag and check the box, save as default.

Then see if this corrects the default system issue.

Rick

13 Posts

June 9th, 2013 12:00

Rick,

Sorry, tried 6 times and although seemed like you were on to something, no one 'YET' has an

answer that 'WILL WORK'!!!

Nice of you to assist, because at least it is(was) an 'IDEA'(that I had hoped had merit).

Sincerely,

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 9th, 2013 15:00

1Eagler3,

I have not seen those screenshots that DELL-Saharsh K has provided for a long time. The setting may have been there are one time but when I log in, I just see all the systems I have and nothing is default.

I have removed the printer I no longer own and I can edit the systems to ahve what name I want them. I found a link to se the screens that Saharsh has posted but when I click on Mr Products and Services, it still brings me to the screen I have seen and I do not see a default computer listed.

https://ecomm.dell.com/myaccount/main.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

I was hoping the default system was from using drivers and downloads. Did you try using CCleaner restart the computer, then try it and see if the default system changes to your system?

Rick 

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

June 11th, 2013 23:00

Hi 1Eagler3,

Please share the below mentioned details with me via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation):

• System's Service Tag
  • Complete Name of the Owner
  • Which country you purchased the monitor from
  • Date of purchase
  • Phone Number
  • Alternate Phone Number
  • Time Zone
  • Best time to reach you
  • Email Address

Please reply with the information.

No Events found!