Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2013 11:00

I am so frustrated with customer support - no one appears to be bothering with me - how do I get to speak to someone in authority

I have been ordering from Dell for years & have never experienced such terrible customer service. I first tried to place an online order on 6th August 2013 to replace my workstation that had crashed. I needed it urgently. I tried to use chat to ask a question but it was closed & so just ordered without the wireless keyboard I needed help with, as i wanted the order quickly. I received an acknowledgment of order & was told i would get an order confirmed in 48 hours - i did not. I spent one hour on the phone being passed from agent to agent - a total of 6 in all. It was decided that my order was lost & the final agent said he would take my order over the phone. He e-mailed a quote but required some amendments. He did not respond to my calls or emails.I called again & spoke to another agent & he sent a quote which was double the online cost. In the end i went back online & using an online sales agent I managed to place an order 6 days after the original order. I spoke to the agent & gave credit card information. The order arrived , i paid duties & it was cleared from customs. The first thing i noticed was that the speakers were not the ones i thought i had ordered. When i opened the computer box the wireless keyboard was in another language - not Spanish, I do not recognise it. Not a problem , I have old keyboards i can use. Then i switched on the computer & it came up in the strange language. I tried to continue guessing the name of the country hoping it would switch languages if it knew where it was but it didn't - i had two options - Spanish & this other language. At that point i called customer support.

Its now 20th August.

I was initially told that they would have to ship a new CD with the operating system which would take 2-3 business days. Then he explained that the operating system is locked into the motherboard so i would need a new computer. This is the short version , i was on the phone for a very long time to progress this far. He said he had to transfer me to sales but would explain the situation to them. I waited again & then i heard a voice but it was faint. I gave my phone number & asked that he call me as i had already been on the phone for an hour. He never returned my call. I went back online very frustrated at this point. Went through the whole story again, giving the same information & contact numbers that i had already given. Is there no database? I was given a case number & told that she would contact me on Friday 23rd to give me information on the new order. She could not tell me how long it would take; I explained that this is a business account & we really need it. She could not say how long however she offered me my money back. What i wanted was for her to apologise & organise a computer to be shipped to me the next day using the fastest method possible. She promised to be in contact.

No promised contact on Friday 23rd. So i followed up using customer support status - case is under investigation! What are they investigating? They shipped the wrong computer.

26th August - went back online to support & get the same agent. I reminded her of her promise & she said that they are processing the new order but no date of when it  will be shipped & she will let me know when she has that information. I told her that was what she had told me 6 days before. I asked if i ordered something else if i could get it quicker but she said it would take the same time.I asked to speak to someone else & she told me to use the link on the web site. It took me to a link that was just so you can send an e-mail which i had already done.She said she would update me at 2pm .I sent a complaint using the link to unresolved issues & i had an automatic response that it would be processed in 1-2 days. At 4 pm i had an e-mail from the agent stating that the exchange was approved but no estimated delivery date. When they get one they will let me know. 

Today is August 27th - 19 days after placing my order & i am still no closer to getting a new computer than i was then except i am out of pocket by the cost of a computer & the duties to clear it. I just want someone to acknowledge that they made a mistake & fix it - quickly. Show that they are interested in the problem - it is not my fault - it is theirs. the order clearly states English just there seems to be no interest in how this affecting me.

Can anyone tell me how to get some help? Quickly. I feel as though no one is bothering with me & she can keep telling me the same thing for as long as she wants without recourse.

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

August 27th, 2013 16:00

ldecaul,

I'm listening and I hear you!  What a pain you have been through.  I'm going to try to help you and get this taken care of. 

I'm going to refer  you to DELL-Lorna M.

She is a Online Customer Support Liaison

Here's what you do.

Contact DELL-Lorna M. via a Private message.

DELL-Lorna M. http://dell.to/PWMBSV
Once you have clicked on her link, click Start conversation or Send Email. She will
need the following information to investigate -

• Email Address:
  • Name:
  • Shipping Address:
  • Phone Number:
  • Dell order number or Service Tag number:
  • Your country
  • Country where system was bought
  • Issues

Give her a couple days to get back to you.

Zb1

3 Posts

August 28th, 2013 08:00

I tried to send a message to her but after typing out the entire message & clicking send - it came back - error. Seems like I am doomed to not get through :(

Any other suggestions?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 28th, 2013 11:00

On her page, click "Send a Private Message" rather than "Send Email".

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

August 28th, 2013 11:00

Please try again.

There is no reason that that email shouldn't have gone through.

Zb1

No Events found!