Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 1st, 2013 08:00

In production time and delayed shipping

Hi,

I placed an order at 3am Friday 30th September for a Dell Inspiron 17R SE 7720. I didn't customise the laptop in any way.

Before I placed the order the estimated shipping date was 4th September, but now the order has been placed the estimate delivery date is 11th September.

Despite this, the order went from submitted all the way to In Production within a few hours on Friday.

The sales page for my model of laptop is still showing other customers a delivery date of 6th September, yet my not customised order shows a date of 11th September. What causes this?
Are customers deliberately shown incorrect dates before ordering?

Bit dissapointed as I wanted a laptop that would arrive before I moved away to university, and it now looks like this will not.

18 Posts

September 1st, 2013 10:00

Im in a similar situation with my Alienware and it is very frustrating.   What i figured out is that the estimated ship date when you placed the order is the date it will leave the factory, and the date you see when you check the order status is the date it is expected to be at your door.  

They allow 7 days for shipping, so if they ship on sept 4th (the date specified when you placed your order), you should receive it by sept 11th.   

Both dates are correct.  

September 2nd, 2013 03:00

Hi CrispyNinja/ JohnRambo007,

Sorry for the delay. Could you please send me your purchase order number through private message so that I can check the status and see what best can be done. To send a private message, click on my user name and select send a Private Message.

No Events found!