Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 4th, 2022 22:00

Inspiron 15 3515, hinges broken and screen detached

Dear Dell customer care representative,

I have purchased Inspiron 15 3515 through Dell online store on January 12, 2022. I have taken every care to keep my laptop safe. But yesterday, April 4, 2022, when I attempt to close the laptop normally after use, the hinges that connects screen and base of the laptop was damaged with out my fault and as a result the screen was detached from the top cover and I am unable to open it again. I was very much disappointed and literally in shock with this as it is just less than 3 months since my purchase that to from a renowned company Dell on its official online store. 

I immediately searched the Dell community and noticed that same issue was faced by some other people and it is due to design problem. I also found that, it is no use to contact official Dell service center for repair as previous attempts by Dell customers noted that, they can't get the issue resolved with the service center people as the issue a design problem and they are helpless. 

It is a serious block in the customer confidence and request you to help me to resolve the issue at the earliest.

Thank you

• 

17K Posts

May 13th, 2022 08:00

Update = After completing troubleshooting, a DELL-Cares agent setup a part replacement.

• 

25.7K Posts

April 4th, 2022 22:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

Update = After completing troubleshooting, a DELL-Cares agent setup a part replacement

1 Message

April 22nd, 2022 05:00

Same issue with a Lattitude 3250.  Only a few months old and our managed service provider saying Dell will not repair or replace as is customer damaged.

They are now asking for £100's to source parts and repair.  I do not expect a £1000 laptop to break under normal use and especially when it is near new.

Can Dell get in touch with me and look to resolve as I read so many issues with hinge issues and that they can be repaired/replaced under warranty.

2 Posts

September 16th, 2023 17:23

I had mine repaired and the same issue happened less than 2 years later so I think it really is a design flaw.

No Events found!