Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 3rd, 2014 12:00

Inspiron 17R SE 7720, backlit keyboard

I have got an Inspiron SE 7720. Dell page informs that a backlit keyboard is standard, but when i bought my laptop NO backlit keyboard. When i tried to contact DELL_GREECE  and receive some answers they were extremely rude and they wanted me to pay for an extra backlit keyboard. I am 20 years DELL customer with 4 laptops from DELL and i never thought that i would have this kind of behaviour fron customer support. I need some plain and clear answers. Why my Inspiron SE 7720 has not a standard backlit keyboard as your webpage and DELL-GREECE webpage informs us

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

January 3rd, 2014 13:00

kontodimos

Not  all  Inspiron SE 7720 comes with a backlit  keyboard, it is not standard on some models.

Z..................................

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

January 4th, 2014 07:00

E 7720's do come with a backlit keyboard.

* Not correct. The Dell sales page specifically states, "and an optional backlit keyboard". So the buyer had to choose it when configuring the system.
http://www.dell.com/ed/p/inspiron-17r-se-7720/pd

Also the Dell RSL Parts page for the keyboards list part numbers for both lit and non-lit keyboards.

3 Posts

January 4th, 2014 07:00

zbestwun2001

Dell web page is loud and clear

7720 SE comes with a backlit keybord. Its not a matter on interpretation, vision, etc.

I havent got one and yes that is a problem. I feel stupid to trust Dell. If they want fix this I wiil not stop putting my story on forums. I wiil take legal actions and I wiil be no more a customer of Dell, me, my company and every one is near me

No Events found!