Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2016 03:00

Invalid service tag for transfer ownership

I have bought two used servers R710 with active "Gold or ProSupport with Mission Critical" till 2018.

Purchase was made on Ebay but from Company (LLC) in Florida.

Its  are already registered on Dell.com. But when I try  transfer I get "A Service Tag you have entered is invalid" and can`t move forward.

9.4K Posts

August 1st, 2016 12:00

If you would like me to check to see why that service tag might be blocked,( maybe it was reported stolen or something), then contact me privately and I'll look into it for you.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

2 Posts

Are you kidding? 

Anyone in anytime can open transfer form dell.com/support/assets-transfer/us/en/19#/Identify and start transfer with information from previous owner and new owner.

So I enter service tag of One server and get "Invalid". If I enter other tags from laptop or other servers I can process transfer (just checked)

9.4K Posts

Hi kitanir,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies for your inability to transfer the service tags on your recent purchase from eBay.  Dell Warranties are assigned to the original purchaser of the product.  The warranty can be transferred to another person, by filling out the Transfer of Ownership form.  Please have the original owner fill out the form and transfer the ownership to you, and the tag will then show as valid.

If you are unable to locate the information for the original owner, you will have to contact the company on eBay that you purchased from and get it from them.  Dell can not release that information due to our privacy policy.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!