Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 5th, 2019 11:00

Is Dell Tech Support a total joke or is my experience an outlier?

I have a major light bleed problem progressing on one of my U2718Q.  It has gotten bad enough that I feel a need to contact technical support. Today I armed myself with the Service Tag and S/N of the bad monitor and started an online tech support ticket. That gave me a Service Number and a number to call. I called and the very understandable robot asked for the Service Number. I input it. I then got answers from 5 different service advisers, very few of which I could understand or hear, and in each of the 5 cases I was told that they needed to transfer me to the Monitor Tech Support Dept. After about an hour I finally got to somebody that confessed to know something about monitors. After getting my name and the Service Tag suddenly the call disconnected. I am on my second iteration of attempting to call. Again after giving the very understandable and clear voiced robot I entered my Service Number. I now have been transferred twice and am on a seeming interminable hold as Dell tries to connect me to somebody that is in the "monitor department.". Now besides their absolute cluelessness, why can't Dell invest in a telephone system that makes their reps voices understandable. I don't mean in a language situation but in a simple quality of connection situation. The horrible connection coupled with the fact we are dealing with a rep where English is not their primary language makes communication impossible. While I have been typing this I have been again transferred 2 more times. So hopefully on the next, my 5th rep, I will again find a rep in the "monitor department.". Frankly Dell makes some reasonable products but their tech support quality in still like we experienced in the 80's of the last century.

5 Posts

June 5th, 2019 12:00

The second phone attempt took 6 transfers but I finally got a rep in the Monitor Dept and the connection was actually very good. And we were able to communicate quite well which is important as there is a lot of S/N and Express Service Code into that needs to be passed back and forth. Also sent them a picture of my light bleed problem and they are sending me a replacement monitor. So given the extreme problems finding the right person to talk to, once that was accomplished things went very nicely. 

Kudos to Dell in the final analysis.

5 Posts

June 5th, 2019 11:00

I have a major lightbleed problem progressing on one of my U2718Qs.  It has gotten bad enough that I feel a need to contact technical support.  Today I armed myself with the Service Tag and S/N of the bad monitor and started an online tech support ticket.  That gave me a Service Number and a number to call.  I called and the very understandable robot asked for the Service Number.  I input it.  I then got answers from 5 different service advisors, very few of which I could understand or hear, and in each of the 5 cases I was told that they needed to transfer me to the Monitor Tech Support Dept.  After about an hour I finally got to somebody that confessed to know something about monitors.  After getting my name and the Service Tag suddenly the call disconnected.  I am on my second iteration of attempting to call.  Again after giving the very understandable and clear voiced robot I entered my Service Number.  I now have been transferred twice and am on a seeming interminable hold as Dell tries to connect me to somebody that is in the "monitor department."   Now besides their absolute cluelessness, why can't Dell invest in a telephone system that makes their reps voices understandable.  I don't mean in a language situation but in a simple quality of connection situation.  The horrible connection coupled with the fact we are dealing with a rep where English is not their primary language makes communication impossible.   While I have been typing this I have been again transferred 2 more times.  So hopefully on the next, my 5th rep, I will again find a rep in the "monitor department."

Frankly Dell makes some reasonable products but their tech support quality in still like we experienced in the 80's of the last century.

No Events found!