Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 2nd, 2013 14:00

Issues with egift promotions

I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and how was this resolved? I purchased a Samsung 46 inch Smart TV with $200 egift promo on 09/13/13. I ordered it through a chat session and doubled checked with the agent, that it was a $200, plus the 5% back for advantage members (have the chat session log to verify this). I then received an email confirmation for the order, with the product description that the TV came with a $200 egift promotion that should arrived within 10-20 days. I checked my account for the next several days and everything seemed fine. I went to check my account today and to my surprise the order description had changed, stating that the egift promo was for $125. I looked online and that is the current price. However, that was not the promotion when I purchased the TV. I called and spoke to an agent and he told me that it was for $125 and there was nothing he could do for me. I couldn't believe it as I thought this was all pretty straight forward. Dell obviously made a mistake and now I am in the position of having to try to convince them that I was right. The agent finally stated that he would forward the issue to the sales department. I asked for the contact info for the sales department but he wouldn't give it to me. I hope I am not just getting the old runaround. Has this happened to anyone else? This is pretty plain cut breach of contract. I hope they get this resolved, but even if they did, it's still disappointing that a large company like Dell can't serve their customers better and I'm spending an afternoon trying to resolve this. 

803 Posts

October 3rd, 2013 19:00

Hi thenarddog,

Thanks for bringing this to our notice. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you may gone through. All chats are recorded so this shouldn't be difficult to be resolved. Now that you also have an email confirmation that the eGift promotion card was for $200, I'm sure I can get this taken care of.

Please provide the Order number, Name on the order, Country of purchase and Email ID to which you received the confirmation email through Private message only.

To send a Private message, click my Dell-User name and click 'Send a Private Message'.

No Events found!