Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 3rd, 2013 09:00

Lack of communication

I've been in I/T for almost 30 years and have enjoyed Dell desktops/laptops but I just cancelled the last one I'll ever order due to the lack of any communication or actual customer service. I manage projects with offshore resources so I'm familiar with the challenges in communication but I also recognize where corrections are not being addressed. 

I ordered a laptop on 3/17 and it went into production on 3/18. In production implies a build mode which usually takes 1 week at most before shipping. Pre-production is where parts are gathered and back-order issues are seen. This laptop stayed in production for over two weeks and since the deliver still showed on or before 4/5 I contacted Dell on 4/2 to ask about the status. Via chat and a telephone call nobody could tell me anything more than what I could see - in production. I only had one question - do we have an idea of whether this will ship this week, next week, next month or next year? Nobody could tell me anything other than it might be late due to part shortages or the volume of orders. When I asked whether that was the case, nobody could say. They only provided possible excuses but when asked if that was the specific issue, they couldn't confirm.

Ironically, they kept asking if there was anything else they could do. Yes! answer my one question but they couldn't. These poor CSRs have no training, no visibility into Dell and are just reciting scripts. So today (4/3) I receive an email my laptop won't arrive until 4/26 (assuming it doesn't slip once again). So over 5 weeks to get a low-end 15 series Inspiron laptop? I don't think so. So off to buy another brand since Dell has completely hit rock bottom.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 4th, 2013 06:00

Hi Leonardtx,

Thank you for posting your comments and bringing your customer experience to our attention. We appreciate anyone who will take the time to relate their customer journey. Customer feedback remains an important tool to be use in evaluating our products and services.

Please understand that a system's shipping date, as provided by a Dell Sales or Customer Care Representative or on the Dell Web site, is an estimate only and is not guaranteed.  Usually, a system or product will ship on or before its estimated shipping date.  Occasionally, however, vendor-related issues may delay the manufacture and subsequent shipment of an order.  Please understand that in such situations, the assembly of your custom-ordered computer cannot be completed until the necessary parts have arrived at Dell.  I apologize for any inconvenience this unforeseen delay may have caused.

I am happy to look into this delay on your behalf. Please contact me privately by clicking on my name in blue, click the envelope icon and provide your order # and contact information so I may access your account records.

Name:
Email Address:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Order Number:
Country of purchase:
Reason:

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you,
Lorna

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 9th, 2013 15:00

Hi LeonardTX,

I am following up to be certain your concerns have been addressed, since I didn't receive a reply from you either privately or publicly. If you still need assistance, please feel free to contact us again, and provide the requested information.

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!