Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 27th, 2016 09:00

Laptop Hinge defect, poor customer service

Hi I would like to convey my disgust at the level of customer service offered by Dell ' customer service'. I personally own a XPS desktop for business use and have endless problems with video card issues, this I manage ok with except for the occasional freezing and crashing. I purchased Dell due to the rave reviews. I also have a Lenovo laptop which had an issue with a hinge problem. I have just found out that my son has exactly the same hinge problem with his XPS 13 9343. He has contacted Dell Email Support and basically been informed the unit is out of warranty, It has now got to the stage that the laptop no longer connects to the internet as the problem has caused the wiring to break to the WiFi card. There is a casting inside (next to the hinge) that has broken. I have only just got involved when I saw him trying to effect a repair to enable him to get on the internet. Surely Dell must have some other form of discussing issues whether in or out of warranty. I also believe this is a common problem on this particular laptop. I have read reviews going back to 2012 with the same problem and believe Dell should have a duty to repair this fault as it is obviously due to poor quality. I believe the hinge part is obviously not fit for purpose as it should withstand the screen being opened to operate.

December 28th, 2016 14:00

Also meant to point out this unit is less than 6 months out of warranty.

No Events found!