Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2013 10:00

Laptop Stopped Working and Dell UK refusing to do anything

Hi everyone,

Now I bought my laptop back in 2009 and after several years it broke down not long ago and would like to get this repaired. I work for a Nationwide company (Curry's and PC World) and deal with customers and on a daily basis. Under the Sales of Good Act 1979, appliances including technical appliances should be fit for purposes 5-6 years. Appliance should either be repaired or replaced depending on what the customer chooses.

I rang Dell customer service up where I was transferred to Technical support who advised me that is not the case and as the Sales of Good Act does not apply to their company but they would be able to offer me a out of warranty repair for a standard fee. Working for a very big company I know my rights and I know i have been mislead but adviser would not take anything I said. Who to dell can I complain as I am disgusted by the lack of knowledge and people skills the company offers?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

July 31st, 2013 12:00

LadyMona,

Legalistic discussion/debate is not allowed on this USA based DCF (Dell Community Forum). You may contact the UK Unresolved Issues team and present your opinions on the law and what the UK representatives said.

No Events found!