Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 10th, 2015 05:00

Misleading information

Dell,

This is to bring into your kind notice the list of false and inaccurate information supplied by your Technical support executive over Telephonic support.

I called Dell tech support on 18004254026 on 9th June 2015 and spoke to Mr. Alli sayed in regards with my recent inclination towards expanding Ram count in my Dell inspiron laptop.
Express Service code:
Registered owner: 
Email: 

My question to Mr Ali was very elementary and transparent. I asked him the supported configuration of Ram applicable in model. Obviously Mr. Ali by means of protocol took my express service code a standard protocol to fetch the technical details of my laptop. He took a while to fetch the details and returned with a stack of wrong information. He advised that I have 2GB RAM x 2 (quantity) currently installed in my system. Also that my RAM clock speed is 1333 MHz. I was wanting to be sure before I purchase a new set of Ram about the requisite configuration. Hence I called upon a free lance engineer to check my Ram configuration and system compatibility. He installed Speccy in my system and showed me that i have DDR3 RAM, 4GB x 1 clocked at 1600 MHz. I was not willing to trust the set of information supplied by my engineer as I was supplied by a different set of information from Mr. Ali from DELL technical support. Hence rechecked and landed to the same conclusion as my freelance engineer. It’s fair to quote that this grade and category of support from DELL technical support is completely and utterly incompetent, inadequate and unacceptable. How can your Tech support executive achieve incorrect understanding of my RAM CONFIGURATION and advice false and inaccurate list of information despite of having  CRM or back-end software/ERP employed by DELL tech support which is well designed and equipped to depict technical information or specification with Pinpoint accuracy. I was about to make a purchase of your tech support’s suggested config for the RAM only to conclude that I may have spend the same amount and invested times half as much in finding the availability and achieved on a better product with higher clock speed and better compatibility. Kindly take this very seriously within your feedback department and have your guys trained well towards navigating through your customer support systems focusing technical supports and troubleshooting. Furthermore, I had a talk with one of your tech support executive this morning Mr. Kerfegar (not very friendly but not very unfair too). He seems to acknowledge my arguments and align with me on the same footings. I have attached the call recording of my dialogues with Mr. Wadia where he categorizes this as a mistake from the side of DELL. My impression of Dell was of a very distinctive and optimistic level. Witnessing such carelessness and misalignment of information makes me battle with my own thoughts and inclination towards planning my next laptop. Not sure if I hold the same trust towards the prior impeccable customer service Dell had.   

Best regards,
Rishi Khettry 

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

July 10th, 2015 07:00

Our apologies that the representative was incorrect. You can see from the customer accessible website that We shipped this Inspiron 14z (5423, Mid 2012) with the following memory. Perhaps the representative just looked up the wrong service tag.

* Two memory slots
* 1333MHz ram with Sandy Bridge CPU
* 1600MHz ram with Ivy Bridge CPU
* Maximum ram 8GB

No Events found!